GUN So, I finished my 10 hour CHL class yesterday

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TwistedMind, Feb 8, 2009.

1. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

Looking on Texas' web page it says 60 day max wait to receive my CHL. The instructor told us might as well forget about the 60 day window, ever since Obama looked like he was going to win, everyone and their grandma has been getting the license.

He said expect a 4 to 5 month wait. :eek3:

I sure hope he was wrong. :wtc:

2. striker754

striker754 Chillin

3. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

It will be faster than that, state law requires it to be.

4. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

:mamoru: I was trying to give the man some hope. The wife just talked to the chl office last week because she changed her name (we just got married) they told her it would only take 3-4 weeks to get her new license once she sent the form in. That's only about a week over "normal".

5. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

only gay thing about texas...

Then 4 years from now I have to take a 4 hour class for renewal, then 5 years after that all I have to do is give them moneies.

so 14 hours of "training" required over 9 years isn't to bad.

However, I think ill still do the 4 hour renewel classes, never hurts to be up to date on the laws.

6. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

lifetime in Indiana with no class :h5:

7. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

meh, im just glad i finally got off my ass and got in a class. The 4 month waiting list was pissing me off. Finally found a guy who does private classes and it went much better for me

8. Painkiller

Painkiller The Synarchy of Molten Bones

I have to renew mine next year.

9. sp00n155

sp00n155 You underestimate the insignificance of my penis OT Supporter

lulz I give the sheriffs office 10 dollars a year and a signature for my CCL

10. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Mine was almost 6months back in Sept

11. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

no it wont

12. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

They took 62 days to get me my license back in 07.... the bastards.

13. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

recently they've automated some of the things that happen during the processing of the application so it should be quicker then what it has been the last few months.

but if your application started "pre-automation", processing speed wont change.

there have been a few students of ours who contacted the governor's office, and what not, might want to give that a try.

14. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Heh, I remember my CHL class well...

It was a dark Saturday all those months ago, the sun never showed itself from behind the clouds and it was freezing cold. My father and I got to the classroom at 7 in the morning to and waited for the class to begin. The class went great for the many hours until it was time to go to the range to take the shooting qualification. As we walked out the door it began to rain quite hard. My father and I got in my car and followed the scribbled down and photocopied map that the instructor had given us. After about 35 minutes we reached our destination, by this time the rain had stopped. We got out as all the other people showed up, ready to take our test, the only problem was the dirt road we were to walk was nothing but mud.

We trudged through for a 1/2 mile until we got to the tire wall that would make up our back stop. As we stood there surveying our area, we made the discovery that it was underwater. The wind had picked up and the rain had began to come down again, I was lucky for my coat. We found some 2x4 lumber that was good enough for us all to balance on to make the firing lines. We all stood on the one soggy piece of lumber and steadied ourselves the best we could. The cadence of steady gunfire could be heard for miles.

We worked our way through the drills, my Sig P232 wasn't missing a beat even though I had selected the cheapest Barnaul ammunition I could find. The rain was coming down hard now, a real bother compounded with the wind and freezing temperatures; the cold went to my bones. After a little more time we were done, and we began tallying up our scores. My father had managed an impressive 246 out of 250, while I had racked up a 248. Just about then the owner of the property came up and was surprised to see our class had made it out there. He then informed us that the range was completely underwater the night before. Soaked and cold, we returned to our cars and went back to the classroom.

We filed in and sat down, sharing the pictures everyone had gotten on their camera phones depicting the range. The class went on for a spell until the written tests were to be administered. Most of the class including my father and myself made 100 percentile, a great sense of accomplishment with the knowledge that we had taken one of the nastiest CHL classes around.

The Texas CHL is one of the most rigourous to aquire, which is great because we gain reciprocity in the majority of the states. I like the fact that just about anywhere I would want to go in this country, I can carry there.

15. GhostZ

GhostZ New Member

Utah > * :mamoru:

[​IMG]

16. sLpFhaWK

sLpFhaWK www.JJiGz.com

I just got my CCW Lic here in Mass and was quoted 4-6 weeks I got it in 3.. Works for me. Good luck!

17. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

That sounds strangly familiar.

Main differences, the guy teaching the class didn't have a office. He is a Navy flight instructer. So we get to the range @ 8 am, proceed to talk for 2 hours, some guy shows up with a barret .50 and sets up on the 100 yard range not 100 feet from the open building we are in :ugh: :ugh: . Its odd how you forget you are on a fireing range until someone opens up with a 50 cal rifle and scares the ever loving shit out of you.

Instead of rain we had 30 - 40 mph winds and the targets kept taking flight halfway through the qualifying. :o

brother and I shot 249/250
    dad shot a 233/250 :rofl: although I blame the glock that he bought and never shot before the class as the culprit. He was highly upset with himself.

Over all it was a good experiance, all except the one chic shooting her husbands glock who couldn't manage to shoot x amount of rounds in x amount of seconds and kept having to be reminded to clear her pistol and lock the slide. I swear I tought she was going to ND someone.