MMA So I finally watched the Liddel/Jardine fight.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by negative zero, Sep 30, 2007.

1. negative zero

negative zero New Member

I know there's some chuck haters here but wtf was he thinking? I'll admit to riding his sack so my opinion is bias.

Jardine definately won the fight but I wonder if chuck thought he was ahead so he layed back and didn't want to risk getting caught. The leg kicks jardine threw at him won him the fight but did they really hurt chuck? At the end jardine looked more "beat up" than chuck.

Of course none of this is to hint that the real winner didn't win, just curious what other thoughts are.

2. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Jardine did more work the whole fight and those leg kicks would kill he didnt even check most of them and the 4-5 body kicks he landed would have hurt also the welts on chucks side were pretty impressive.

3. negative zero

negative zero New Member

I agree. I'm just wondering what could have been going through his head? And I'll admit jardines legs won him the fight but did they realy hurt chuck?

And where do both go from here? I'd like to see Jardine take on alexander again. I don't even want to see chuck face silva though. Maybe shogun???

4. Five7

Five7 Member

Dude, no one knows what was going through Chucks mind exept Chuck. You watched the fight the same as everyone else did and not one single cage crew member had an intermonolouge of Chuck Liddell broadcasted. Did the kicks hurt him? Hurt him how? Physically, probably. They certainly hurt his score.

Chuck should have known he was losing the fight and the decision shouldnt have been any kind of a surprise. It was a lazy fight on his part and he lost. Waiting around to counter for the first 2 rounds didnt seem to work and he failed to adapt and/or change his gameplan for the third which resulted in his second loss in a row and thats the bottom line.

As for your other questions about whos going to fight who, there are already threads discussing it in length.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  5. negative zero

negative zero New Member

:hsugh:

It's more of a rhetorical question about what was going through his mind. :ugh:

yes, physically, did it appear the leg kicks hurt him. I said jardines legs won him the fight so that's obvious. He just didn't look like they were hurting him. I'm sure the day after was another story.

It's just talk man. I didn't go back 10 pages, just curious what others thoughts are on both of the fighters.

6. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

Chucks just the type of fighter that counter-strikes or waits for a good opening. He was getting outpointed and he said in an interview that jardine had really good movement that kept him from getting that opening he was lookin for.

7. Five7

Five7 Member

I realize that Chuck is always looking for a counter attack, thats why I said what I said above. HOWEVER, I think, that if he would be a little more adaptave he would have atleast more than a punchers chance at some of the more well rounded (Rampage) or unpredictable/unconventional (Jardine) fighters.

I think that if he had a different gameplan going in other than to wait for Jardine to slip he would have had a better shot. Even if he had that gameplan going in, hell, he should have flipped the script by the third round.

There has been talks of fighters taking less risk. Applies to this fight, as I see it, in two ways. Jardine, like anyone that has a brain fighting against Liddell, probably isnt going to stand in his range and trade. His hand has been shown too many times and people are starting to see past his bluff. Chuck, on the other hand, took a HUGE risk by making his, seemingly, only game plan to wait for Keith to open up. He should have also planned for those leg kicks. Doesnt Jardine have a TKO from leg kicks?

8. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

In the end Chuck's game plan hasn't changed since day 1. He circles, puts a few setup punches, and waits for his Right hand to connect. However, Jardine never left himself open to that Right hand.

Chuck was doing well in the first round, same old chuck, if not better as he was really pushing the pace and bringing the fight to Jardine. Second and third rounds those kicks started to take their toll and he got caught.

I don't think we've seen the last chuck knockout ever, I don't think he'll change his game or anything but he will train harder for specific fighters now.

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

chuck beat on keith the first round, but then those kicks started coming. kicks to the ribs and legs hurt. it's like getting hit with a baseball bat. what they did was kept him weary of coming in which reduced the power of his punches. and that knock down was a mental and physical shock to his system which made him even more afraid to get hit.

10. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

Isn't Chuck a BJJ Purple Belt?

He takes that fight to the ground in the 3rd round and maintains top position, he basically wins that fight.