SRS So, I ended my weeks of dieting and compulsively ate again

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by polishillusion, Jun 28, 2008.

1. polishillusion

polishillusion New Member

Damn, after a stressful week of lots of family based stress, I decided (not really a decision) to eat compulsively again. I had a meal plan, lost like 10 lbs., did not eat compulsively for a good 2.5 weeks.

I over ate (and I want to stay "only", but I wont) by around 300-500 calories over my daily limit, which is 2200, but I have been staying under 1500 to lose weight ever since beginning to see a nutritionist. It was a strange feeling having my emotions over take me and "force me" to eat like that, even though it was veggies and popcorn I ate.

I am happy I did not dive into fajitas or ice cream, but I am sad that I still over ate none the less.

2. fixthe fernback

fixthe fernback New Member

cheating should be encouraged during a diet. One meal a week, splurge on something you love to eat. don't binge, but just one meal maybe have a couple slices of pizza or something. It will make you less likely to binge if you cheat one meal a week.

3. polishillusion

I think you are missing the point - I ate compulsively. I was not hungry, but stressed, and that makes me want to eat more and more. It's like a drug to me.

4. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

5. polishillusion

6. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

It's called science.

Maybe you should read about your medical problem before you join some brainless 12 step program or start some fad diet.

Just trying to help, I don't know why you have to be a creep about it.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

dieting does not necessarily mean "starving yourself"

8. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I don't know much about OA but when someone relapses on booze, I just suggest they get back to meetings ASAP. Sometimes these diseases can be hell on earth but you're not alone and you don't have to do it on your own.

Good luck and God Bless.

9. psilocyborg

psilocyborg Guest

Here's a suggestion: Try working on the cause of the stress that makes you eat.

Diets only last a few weeks anyway, before failing inevitably. Excersize solves both problems (calories/stress).

10. polishillusion

You do know its a ad for a self help fad-diet book, right?

11. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

Well, at least it isn't 12 step or starvation based. Still don't know why you had to be a bitch. Sounds like you have a lot of resentments still for a 12 stepper. Better call your sponsor.

12. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

thanks for the diagnosis, Dr. Mouthbreather

13. polishillusion

So, you are saying I was a bitch for eating compulsively for a few minutes a few weeks ago ? K. Thank god I got right on the bus again myself and took care of myself.

Where are the resentments? Exactly where in my one sentence retort which is an actual observation of your statement is there a inclination of resentment? Also, define resentment - since I do not know what definition you are using to argue me with.

This seems like this article is not ANYTHING based. The article says "buy this book to lose weight in 8 or 9 months maybe." 12 step says "we are all positive, maybe you can be positive too if you can waddle through all the bullshit in our organization" and starvation diets just are too extreme. Other then the fact that this guy tells you to work out and eat good food, what does this guy actually offer, other then you paying $19.95 for a book that will tell you nothing?