GUN So i dunno about this Thunderwear stuff.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kellyclan, Oct 11, 2002.

1. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

No matter how hard i try, i can't shake the feeling i'm gonna blow my bits off. :o

It's a great way to tuck away something small like the Keltec 32, but even the G27 is a little bulky under khakis or jeans. Looks like you're walking around with a priaprism. :ugh: And every time i sit down, the twins get all tight and nervous.

Really nice to have if you want/need to conceal under track pants, sweats, shorts, etc though. :bigthumb: With these, a loose t-shirt will cover your waistband where the bulge is most noticable, so even the G27 will hide nicely.

Verdict is: Condition 3 for me.

2. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Reminds me of a good story with an even better moral!

My mom is a nursing supervisor for a hospital. This young male is brought in with a gunshot to his crotch area. Apparently, they had to amputate mister happy and his sidekicks the twins.

Before class at high school, he though he'd be cool and take a revolver, pull the hammer back, and shove it into his pants, gangsta style. He walks into class, sits down, and while sitting down, he slams the gun against the desk hard enough to cause the hammer to drop, shooting a .357 straight though his yippy parts.

The moral of the story: Don't be stupid. :)

I've been looking for a good concealed holster for when I go out. I've been leaning towards one in the small of my back since I don't fancy a loaded weapon pointing towards my crotch (that, and my belly gets in the way :o ). I was thinking about the Law concealed carry holsters, but they look pretty obvious to me :p

3. WyldOrchid

WyldOrchid Guest

Re: Reminds me of a good story with an even better moral!

And lock your fucking guns so your dumbass kids cant get em.

4. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Guest

Condition 3 :bigthumb:

What about that Beretta 84 I'm thinking about? How concealable friendly is it? seems like a cousin to the 92?

5. kellyclan

It's pretty close in appearance and operation to the 92 series, yes. It's a blowback action instead of a falling block, but from a handler POV, not much difference.

Now that the G27 has spoiled me, i think the 84 is a rather big gun for its caliber, but it does conceal nice and it's still got that full grip, so it handles and points nicely too. If you prefer a manual safety, it's a well made piece, IMO.

6. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Re: Re: Reminds me of a good story with an even better moral!

Judging from the part of town this kid came from and the visitors that my mom said that he had...I don't think he found the gun in his house, if you know what I mean :o

7. taco

taco Guest

I just can't see those being comfortable for carrying anything bigger than the smallest mouse gun. Also it would seem they would be pretty slow to draw from unless you had sweatpants or something with an elastic waistband.

but I guess if you plan on going to the beach or something and want to have your shirt and shoes off and simply must have a gun with you they are about the only option. other than that I can't see too much of a point to them.

8. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

I've thought of Thunderwear for summer use. I carry a Kahr P9 at 3 o'clock IWB. Very thin gun to begin with, but in the summer time it will be tough without a cover cause I tuck my shirts at work & I don't feel like wearing anything else other than my work uniform.

9. kellyclan

i've actually been trying to get my hands on a Kahr PM9 and see how i like it. Seems like its size would be a good match for "crotch carry".

10. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Guest

Did you sell that 84 yet?

11. kellyclan

Yeah, just took a check on it, waiting for it to clear.