MMA so I decided to check out att aventura/hallandale

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Aug 14, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Gym is run by thiago and aurelio.. Stopped by just to watch today and I have to say aurelio is the man. He was rolling with one of the white belts and he was letting him work but the way he moved on the mat was pretty cool. He was just swiming around his students like it was all good.

Thiago was there to but he wasnt training he was kind of just running things. Pretty cool bunch of guys. Its right down the street from my house and they have a lot of classes so Im going to probably sighn up there and get to training again. Kind of expensive but w/e its the best school in the area with the best schedule.

Im going to try the free week out. tomorrow im going to put in for a week of vacation and just train full time for a week and go to all the classes to check it out. Going to be an awesome vacation.

Finally get a taste of what bens been talking about for so long.

2. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

You gotta check out Thursday 12:30-5pm Excuses class.

Kidding :mamoru: I'm jealous

3. CallSecurityNow

CallSecurityNow OT Supporter

How much monthly? Its a short trip up US1 for me and want to check them out

4. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

it was close to 200 for unlimited classes. It was cheaper for 2 classes a week. I always forget your local.

5. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

No matter how many times you go it won't be the same till Wilson is beating your face in and giggling tellin you to try harder.

6. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. it's a trap

8. LOLSTi

LOLSTi DTOM

rape time

9. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

had an awesome time. The guy that does wrestling is in greece or some shit so they didnt have it this week but I took the boxing and mma class. Pretty fun. The boxing class was pretty basic stuff but its good to work the basics and the guy teaching it told me I had a really good jab but needed to work more on speed and endurance on it. He liked my cross too. My hooks need a little more work but they are slowly progressing and I found out my uppercuts are ass.

Then went on to the bjj class and worked side mount with some brazilian dude with kanji on his back. Rolled with one of the students he pulled guard and I bassically layed and prayed his ass because Im not confident in my subs. I passed his guard got him in side control and we bassically stale matted. Second time around he got me really fast in cross body and I reversed it into his half guard.

The guy was really good but he was like me not to confident in his subs but he went for them more then I did. I rolled with one of the instructors and he was tooling me the guy was pretty flexible and was using rubber guard. He almost got me in a omoplate but I was pretty sweaty so I slid right out. I was lucky I was slippery becase he was putting constant pressure on me and he caught me once with a triangle.

I think his name was brock he was super cool. I sat out after that because I was gassed as hell. Tomorrow Im hitting up gi classes and muay thai. So Im pretty stoked. I can tell my ground game will get pretty good there. then im going to hit up the place for open mat for 3 hours on sat. I will be taking a shit load of pics.

I came a little early and was shootin the shit with the guys there and the consensus is thiago is going to kill diego and heard some rumours fighter rumours. Made me feel like ben.