So I called the cops on my girlfriend last night

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by krave, Dec 9, 2008.

1. krave

krave Active Member

We were at an after party of a company party, we left her car in the company's parking lot and went to the after party together. She was drinking a ton of shots and getting a little crazy to the point that I pretty much made her leave before she embarrassed herself in front of her co-workers.

As we left she said she wanted to get her car which was my dumb for me to even think that was an option, we get to her car I'm a little worried about her ability to drive and said i would follow her home which was about 4 miles away. First I notice she has her blinker on in the parking lot, then she drives forward over the curb instead of reversing out of the parking space.

I immediately get out and grab her keys and tell her she can't drive and she's either coming home with me or I would drop her off at home. She refused saying she needed her car, we argued about it for about 20 minutes outside of the car but we had both made up our minds on what was going to happen. I told her the only option she has right now is for me to drive her. She thought the only option is for me to give her her keys so she can drive her car home.

She tried to grab the keys out of my pocket probably 20x, but I'm obviously not gonna budge on this one. Told her to call her mother, she wouldn't (1:00am). So I warn her that I was going to call the police and they can decide if she can drive home hoping that would be convincing enough, she still wouldn't.

This wasn't going anywhere, so I called the police. Explained that she was too drunk to drive and I just want to take her home but she wouldn't allow me to. Two cop cars show up about 5 minutes later, i explain the situation. They tell her she can get in my car and go home or go downtown with them (jail). She shuts up, gets in my car (finally!) and says she will never forgive me for this yada yada and that she could have gone to jail and that would mess with parental rights to her daughter.

On to this morning....

She's still upset, she's glad that I didn't let her drive but is still upset that I called the cops on her and that I should have handled it differently such as physically grabbing her and forcing her into the car. That doesn't really sound like an alternative to me

So do you think what I did was out of line? It seemed like a good idea at the time

2. MCohen

MCohen #NotMyPresident #AmericaIsAlreadyGreat #GoSolar OT Supporter

You did the best thing. It sounds like she was beyond the point of reasoning and you physically putting her in the car would've only made the situation worse and you could've probably hurt her.

3. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

you did the right thing. kudos.

4. jonno

jonno New Member

your girlfriend is nuts. and like the others have said, you did the right thing.

5. jonno

jonno New Member

on another note... some people are fucking really bad drunks. alcohol can bring out the worst in some people. :hs:

6. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

You did a really good thing.....

7. krave

krave Active Member

it's kind of the nature of the drug, and i understand that. i had a dui in 2001, i used to be a weekend binge drinker for years

just kinda sad to see someone close to you fucking up, and they won't listen to you or realize that they're only trying to protect you

8. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Good for you! Takes balls to stand up like that :h5: I think you did the right thing.

9. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I don't think you did the right thing.

Calling the cops is like tattling on a friend. You just don't do that.
    If they get caught for doing something wrong, that's their fault, but you shouldn't tattle on them.

What you should have done was put her in the passenger seat of her car, and drove her home in her car. You said it was only 4 miles away. Then you call a taxi to take you back to your car and then you go home. She would have had your car, and then you wouldn't have looked like a tattle-tale to her for calling the cops.

You did do a good thing by taking her keys away from her to keep her from driving. Kudos for that.

10. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

So, you think he should have physically forced her into the car? :hsugh:

11. Vysion

Vysion New Member

If it came down to that, then yes. She would have respected him more for that than for calling the cops.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It's not about respect, it's about public safety.

She won't respect anyone if she crashes on her way home and dies.

He made the right choice.

btw your gf is nuts I'd dump her.

13. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Guys have gotten thrown in jail for assault for much less than that. ;)

You gotta think about:

1. Our fucked up legal system
    2. Crazy psycho fucking bitches running loose everywhere

14. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

:werd:

15. Vysion

Vysion New Member

He took public safety into account by taking her keys away. That was a great choice to do. I told him good job for that.

He got her home safely, and no innocent people got hurt. But now he has to deal with her being mad at him thinking he pulled a bitch move by calling the cops.

16. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Personally I would have stuffed her in the back seat like luggage and been on my way before she had time to know what happened.

17. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Then he could have told her he would wait with her until she sobers up. Many different options if you feel like taking the male lead will get you thrown in jail.

I'm not saying to manhandle her and throw her around.

Grab her by the arm and tell her to get in. If she refuses then wait til she sobers up or leave her ass there. She was the one acting like a drunken jerk at the time. He had her keys.

18. krave

krave Active Member

Didn't think she would actually let me go through with it, and i definitely didn't want to see her go to jail...i just needed a 3rd party to tell her she's not driving home

My biggest regret about it is for wasting the cops time just because she wouldn't cooperate with me.

19. Vysion

Vysion New Member

If that's you're biggest regret then what are you worried about? The cops are here to serve and protect.

20. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

I would have done the same

21. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

Kudos. But she sounds crazy.

22. krave

krave Active Member

Just that she's upset that I called the cops

23. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

That right there is domestic assault. :ugh: If she's crazy enough to act the way she was then she is crazy enough to have him charged. You should not in any way place your hands on a female in an aggressive manner.

If he had grabbed her and a witness saw it and called the cops he wouldn't be making this thread. He'd be in jail.

24. krave

krave Active Member

been together for close to a year, not gonna dump her for something she argued with me about when she was drunk. i've seen her drunk, but she was doing things that were way out of character for her such as smoking cigs, drinking beer...after i saw her drop a lit cigarette 5x and still keep trying to smoke it is when i pulled her away from the party

25. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Yes but he wouldn't be in the dog house with his girlfriend, and when she sobered up in the morning and told the police she wasn't pressing charges, she'd be the one in the dog house asking for him to forgive her and she'd be sexing him up right now and he wouldn't be on OT posting if he did the right thing or not.