So I broke my phone today :hs:

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 7, Aug 3, 2004.

1. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I needed to make some calls today about buying a new rifle but I get off work at 5 and most stores close at 5 so I put my phone (LG VX4400) in my back pocket instead of leaving it in the car like I normally do (I work for the WVDOH so theres always a chance I'll get wet or fall and break it or something). I was climbing over the side of dump truck, forgot the phone was in my pocket, and put my ass cheek on the side of the bed. I immediately realized what I'd done, jumped off, and looked at the phone. The LCD is cracked on both the front and on the inside. I went to US Cellular today to see how much it would be to replace it (I dont have insurance because my dad wouldnt pay the $5 a month, he said I'm the insurance and if I break it I buy it), apparently the going price for a new screen is ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FUCKING DOLLARS. This is a low end flip phone, nothing nice, infact they dont even carry them anymore. Hell, the guy said I can get a LG5500 for $120 and its a better phone. I cant decide if I should punch something or cry.

cliff notes:
    life sucks, insure your phone.

2. Boiling Point

Boiling Point New Member

it's time for an upgrade..just get a better/newer phone. why didn't you put it in your front pocket?

3. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

because it was uncomfortable. I keep it in my back pocket all the time and am usually conscious enough not to sit on hard things. I know its my fault, I just want thinking.

4. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

my girl and me where riding on a backroad on my bike and her phone fell out onto the road at like 60 mph. After searching for like 2 hours we found it all busted up. She didn't have insurance at the time but only had the phone for like 2 weeks. She was sort of able to make calls from it (i couldnt hear her for shit) so she went and put insurance on it, went back two weeks later and got her phone replaced. They wanted somewhere around 350$ for a new Slider.