So I bought some S100

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by limiteD*, Oct 20, 2006.

1. limiteD*

limiteD* 今あいたい すぐあいたい

After reading through this forum, I went and picked up about $70 worth of detailing products, including some S100 from a local Harley-Davidson dealer as recommended by Scottwax and others. Can't wait to try this stuff out - going to do a full detail of my car on Sunday :noes:

This is what I'm planning to do : Wash, Clay, Meguiars Showcar Glaze 7, Eagle1 Nanowax, S100. The car I owned was always garaged by the previous owner and 5 out of 7 days I garage it as well. Clay it about every month and wax every other week so the paint's still in okay condition I think. I'll have to see how it turns out after this weekend's detail :o

2. limiteD*

limiteD* 今あいたい すぐあいたい

Quick question on the Meguairs Showcar Glaze 7. I tested some on my CF hood and topped it off with some S100. The shine is excellent, but I noticed more scratch marks than before. The thing is, I don't think my CF hood has a clearcoat. Did I damage it using the Meguairs 7, or do I need to polish it down some more? I'm doing this all by hand.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

#7 is a non-abrasive polish, loaded with oils to add depth and gloss, so odds are, whatever you used to apply or removed it caused any problems you had. I use foam hand pads to apply it and microfiber towels to remove.

4. limiteD*

limiteD* 今あいたい すぐあいたい

I ended up redoing a part of the hood again last night, taking more time and using the Eagle One Nanowax between #7 and S100 and the fine scratches are gone. I think the initial polishing cleaned up the hood and just made the scratches more noticeable the first time around. I used prewashed terry cloths to apply the first time, but the second time I used new foam applicators. I always use MF to remove. I'll post some pics after I'm done w/ my first full detail - hopefully it'll turn out as nice as the details you do :x: