MMA SO I blew my knee at the gym on Monday

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by CyberEye, Aug 23, 2006.

1. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

:ugh:

Squated down to rest a bit between rounds and when I stood up I got a really sharp pain and couldn't straighten it all the way. Went to the ER that night, they think it's Miniscus damage. Going to see a knee surgeon on Friday morning. Either way, my knee is about 3 times bigger then it normallis and i've been hobbling around on crutches since I can't straighten or bend it now and it hurts like hell.
    Looks like I'm done for a while unfortunately.

2. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

:sadwavey: that sucks a whole lot man, my knee has been giving me a hassle but nothing nearly as serious as yours. hope you make a speedy recovery!

3. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

Bummer man :hs:

4. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

sucks man, i injured my knee recently as well, took me out for 3 weeks. Similar pain as yours but i've been recovering good. Hope it's not the miniscus because that would be serious :sad2:

5. xinster

xinster New Member

and i thought i felt like a bitch with this stomach flue and back overtrainage

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

That sucks ass. What the hell happened?

7. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

knees suck.. but dont lose too much heart.. many people have recovered from those sorts of injuries

8. Bausk

Bausk New Member

9. CyberEye

My left knee has always been fucked up, have had a few operations on it but they could never figure out what was wrong with it. Hell even my physiotherapist said to either live with it, or break it bad enough that they had to do something.
    Anyways, ever since I hurt it in grade nine, when ever I bent it all the way (like when squatting) I could feel something clunking over, then when I straighten it out it clunked back over rather loudly. Which is what they've been trying to, and failing to, figure out since then.
    When I squatted down on Monday at the gym, it clunked over, but never cam back when I stood up.
    Like I said, I couldn't straighten it all the way afterwards, but I could bend it all the way, and it didn't clunk at all.
    So I really don't know what I did. I can barely move the damn thign at all now, I have a very limited range of motion with it. And if I try walking directly on it it feels like it wants to wobble side to side and give out that way.
    I bought a good hinged knee brace yesterday, which seems to be helping alot with the wobbling side to side part.

10. CyberEye

On another note. I took yesterday off work since I couldn't really walk. I called up later that day to see if they wanted a doctors note saying I needed to be put on light duty, or if when he saw me walk in on crutches they'd just assume so.
    He said he didn't think i'd need a note, and we'd figure it out thismorning. Then 5 minutes later he calls back and tells me that he just talked to HR, and they think it would be better for me to go on STD (short term disability) untill I was better. Because they don't want me hurting myself worse at work. I'd imagine they're just trying to cover their asses so if I do hurt myself they're not liable and don't have to go through workers comp and whatnot.