So I am talking with this girl...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by forgotmyname, Mar 28, 2008.

1. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

...and makes me questioning the advice that often goes around this place...

According to the Vag, if you like somebody, you should NOT go as a friend. However, this girl I am talking to says most of her serious bf started as close friends. :hsugh:

2. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I've said the same thing, great relationships start as friends first. You can be friends first, just make sure you keep things flirty and fun so that there is always the possibility of more. It's weird when guys try to go from friends to more if they've never even flirted with me before.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Just make sure that she knows whatever you do together is considered to be a date by you

4. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

Honestly, I'd say that's rather odd. Thinking about the relationships I've seen, most involved a few weeks of getting to know each other and feeling out what could be, followed by exclusive dating (i.e. "the norm"). The only relationships I've known of to form from close friendships were ones where the two people were friends from young ages - before they would have considered dating.

Personally, I was friends with my first girlfriend for over a year before she and I started dating, and I was also friends with my current girlfriend for around a year before dating. However, those friendships were somewhat distant. We talked once every few weeks and hung out from time to time, but no more than once a month. Both friendships, however, started with an initial attraction, but relationships could not work out for various reasons at those times. The distance in those friendships was, I feel, very important in keeping the attraction and allowing the relationships to happen later on.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I've been friends first with every bf I've ever had. Midgetized is right. There's the guy who is her "girl friend" and the guy friend who is very flirty from the start, making it interesting. He has a life of his own outside the friendship.

6. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

well put.

7. just tat

just tat New Member

my most serious relationships began with friendship. the only guys i've dated that weren't friends of mine first, never became my bf, only dates.

8. althepirate

althepirate Talk nerdy to me.

Only one of my boyfriends was not my friend before we started dating. I was friends with my current boyfriend for four years before he kissed me [went from there].