LGBT So I am REALLY PISSED about this.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by TaVeRaVe, Aug 2, 2008.

1. TaVeRaVe

TaVeRaVe New Member

I got put into a 24 hour quiet hall on the SOUTH of campus, a 25 minute walk from where all other freshman will be. It is a learning community, which i did not want at all. I don't want advisors working with me daily, and all that shit. It is also one of those places where you have half of your classes inside your dorm/because classrooms are inside the building as well. I had put my major as photography, when I applied....little did I know that my MOTHER changed it to sociology, and I'm like WTF?! So now I am in a sociology specific major and staying in the honors sociology learning center 24 hour quiet hall, and my roommate is a 20 year old from Madagascar who speaks english as a second (maybe third) language. I have called the residence life offices five times telling them that I really CANNOT stay there, and I want to switch to a normal dorm in central campus with ten floors, elevators, and without the "24 Hour Quiet House" rules. My "dorm" place is two floors, with about ninety kids Mostly Juniors and Seniors, VS. the five other freshman ONLY buildings that are huge and normal. They told me if space opened up it was a "possibility", that I may get switched. I am really pissed about this, and if I honestly don't get to switch, I'm not going. I chose this school because I wanted the REAL COLLEGE EXPERIENCE. But this is INSANE, I'm not living in some 24 quiet community with a bunch of Honors freaks. I'm not gonna deal with this bullshit. :rant2:

2. trlc463

trlc463 New Member

Yikes, well its good that you've contacted the housing offices, but be advised that you may just have to live with what you have :hs:
    (though 24 HOUR quit hall?!?! serious business)

Honestly, you don't want to spend too much time in your room (I certainly did not, I HATED my freak roommate) so if you just socialize with other people (preferably not those in your current residence :rofl:) then expect to just be hanging out in other peoples rooms in other dorms

I knew of some kids that regularly slept in other dorm rooms because they didn't like where our dorm was (it was at the northeast tip of campus, and it was a 10 minute walk every which way) or just didn't like their roommate

Who knows, this may have been a blessing in disguise saving you from some nasty, gross roommate :wiggle:

3. Sonadoras789

Sonadoras789 New Member

[y]w536Alnon24[/y]
    "We're not here to make friends BB!! THIS isn't America's Next Top Best Friend!" I'm just saying this is a bit of an overreaction. First of all how did your mother change your major? Your mother should not have authorization to do that because you would've had to sign it over to her. Which you could probably get somebody fired for that, just call and threaten them with their job if they don't find you a space in the dorms. It really is unprofessional if your mother called and got them to change your major.

4. TaVeRaVe

TaVeRaVe New Member

Lol, I'm going there to make friends. ROFL

5. LOL. I can vouch for how shitty those dorms are. Just a bunch of people who got started late at college or are juniors/seniors or just people who only study all day. No joke. The freshmen-only dorms were by far the most fun. I was in a pretty stupid dorm but met tons of cool friends just on my floor and then through them and others met fun guys/girls in other dorms. Sometime I'd just hang out at another dorm all day going room to room of friends, talking the shit playing 360 or something....boozin'. Try to get a room change though -- those are never fun.

6. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

I lived in the honors dorms my first year at University of Texas, and it was badass. Everyone kind of subscribed to the "work hard, play hard, fuck hard" mentality.

There were 4 dorms arranged in a quad with a courtyard in the middle, and huge balconies on top of each dorm. At night/weekends people would just congregate on the balconies, drink, smoke pot, etc. Eventually it got so bad they just locked access to the balconies (instead of just taking the shit... lol).

Good times though. I miss dorm life.

7. LOL Dorm life sucks in some aspects but every night was always interesting haha. Next year though I'm living in a 5 bedroom house in the biggest party area of the school. :)

8. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

wow, really?

i never had the "real college experience", but if i had (and knowing then what i know now) i would easily choose the quiet house with the smart kids rather than the party house with the "bros"

if you ask me, your mom did you a favor.

9. You HAVE to let loose at college your first year to meet people. Yeah your grades may suffer a little your first year but it's worth it. I work a job to live, I don't live to work a job. Fuck taxes by the way, 20% of my paycheck was just stolen from me. :squint: I'll get back 10% of that though because I'm poor, lol.

10. Virality

Virality New Member

I let loose, and I didn't meet people :ugh:

(...but I don't dorm and "supposedly" I'm intimidating :hsugh:)

+1

11. Well not everyone is the same....I can see what he WANTS to do though even though you guys chose/choose to not have fun at school.

12. trlc463

trlc463 New Member

:rofl::rofl: Which dorm in the Quad?

I'm going to be an RA in Blanton this year :wiggle:

And I lived in Whitis Court last year!

13. TaVeRaVe

TaVeRaVe New Member

I'm going to college to have fun, be loose, and meet everybody.

& I'm really over the junkie scene which most people aren't lucky (unlucky) enough to have to deal with in their life. I just want to meet some fun, alcoholic, raving, crazy, and chill party goers/students.

:)

14. trlc463

trlc463 New Member

Join random FB frat groups too!
    Its nice when you get actual directions to a house/apartment party instead of walking around shady areas at midnight drunkenly asking other drunk people where such and such party is :rofl:

15. Sonadoras789

Sonadoras789 New Member

I know TONS of people at my school, and sometimes when I'm with my friends I'll have one person after another say hey to me and they go "wow, you've got a lot of friends." And it's not because I go to parties,etc...I've only been to a frat party ONCE in my life and I was there for less than 10 minutes. I don't drink, I don't do drugs, etc. I'm friendly to people I have classes with,etc. And yet I have a stable friend system (group of friends which when we go out we get stared at because it's like 10 different races between all of us (Hispanic, Black, White, Asian,etc.)) that I'm happy with. College isn't supposed to be about having fun and getting drunk, it's about finding yourself. If it's about having fun and getting "drunk" all the time you can go to the trailer park and do that. :bowdown:

16. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

lol awesome... blanton first floor.

my RA was a huge douchebag though. The second week of school, some drunk dude walked into my room (we never locked our door) at 4am, opened my closet, and proceeded to piss all over everything; it took me 20 minutes to wake up my RA. Another of my friends was pledging and puked down the hallway; the RA wanted to call the police, so i threw him in my car and drove him to the ER so he wouldnt get a MIP. He wrote me up for open windows at least a dozen times. Fucking asshole. Dont be like that. :o

17. SirBoss7

SirBoss7 Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy t

Damn man. Feel your pain. I had all the top scholarships at my school and could have lived in the "honors" dorm, but those kids are freaks. They're like this incestuous nerd dorm. All freshman residents, but all the RAs (too many of which, too) are former freshman who lived there, too. They do everything together, wear their t-shirts, join and monopolize same clubs (unfairly with respect to some that I was only rotc member of), and are as cliquish as you can get.

So I decided to join the ROTC program here and get hazed my entire freshman year. Now I'm as happy as can be :x:

I usually do most of my work outside the dorm, but then there were times where everyone ELSE would do that, and then I'd have the entire dorm to myself to watch tv, play games, read, etc.

18. LA02MAX

LA02MAX New Member

Yeah I wouldn't like the whole 24 hour quiet hall shit, even though I wasn't much of a partier my freshman year. Now, I still have a 3.4 GPA in mechanical engineering and I go out and have fun on the weekends...you should be free to budget your time however you want, and not have to be told what to do. One of the best things about college is breaking free from previous control, and learning how to deal with that....If I were you, I'd be pissed at my mom more than anything. haha