COMIC So I am FINNALY caught up to date with my comics. Was 7 weeks behind

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Gauntlet04, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Gauntlet04

Gauntlet04 The Light

Got a lot to cover so here we go:

Spider-Man: One More Day/Brand New Day: Was disappointed with the way One More Day ended. Very predictable. That being said Brand New Day isn't bad but it isn't great. There are a lot of aspects I can't fucking stand about it but also a lot I do really enjoy. I enjoy seeing Harry back in the picture, and hopefully we will get a Eddie Brock Venom return :x: or possibly Carnage :x: , and Peter being single again. Granted I have a feeling how it's going to play out and that is him and MJ will ultimately get back together :o

Resurrection of Ras'Al Ghul: FINALLY finished it :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Great fucking story there. Really enjoyed the first 6 issues in it and it was paining me to get my hands on the 7th. Good story, good conclusion. I enjoyed Epilogue the most. It shows how fucking ruthless Bats can really be.

Countdown: It's actually getting pretty decent now there is 11 weeks until Final Crisis. The wars breaking out across the Universe, Superman Prime being able to withstand The Monarch's suit blowing the fuck up at point blank range. The various universe heroes and villains just fucking each other up. Jason Todd finally wearing the Red Robin outfit etc. Interested in seeing how it will all end.

Punisher Max Marvel: If you did not read the Barracuda story line you need to do the following. a) slap the living taste out of your mouth b) either stop reading and go to the store to get them/stop reading this post and order them online. It was one of Ennis' best stories to date with the Punisher.

Punisher: War Journal: I honestly don't know why I still pull this. It is just so fucking bad

The Trials of Shazam: Oh man oh man. FINALLY coming to an end in issue 12. I've been with it since the start and have enjoyed it the whole time. Really looking forward in seeing how this will end and if Shazam will have a role in Final Crisis (think: Mary Marvel).

Justice League of America: Good to see them touching down on Salvation Run. I did enjoy that. The latest issue was pretty decent but not great.

Justice Society of America: Need to pick up back issues and read how Thy Kingdom Come ended. I was fucking loving it.

Deadpool: :bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl: Only Deadpool is capable of sending Dinosaurs into downtown New York and then getting them covered in Symboite. :bowrofl::bowrofl: I am going to be so sad when they stop this story/comic.

Green Lantern/Green Lantern Corps: Post War GL is awesome. I like how they have already touched upon the use of Lethal Force and how Laira felt justified in killing Amon Sur so fucking soon post war conclusion. It also is a duel edged sword with me. I like how Johns is referencing The Blackest Night already but also feel it might be a touch too soon. He still has 18 fucking months to progress the story in that direction. I like GLC right now and how Guy/Kyle are restarting their lives on OA. Oh and Mongul + Power Rings = :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

2. void

void oh yeah?

you should be reading wolverine origins if you want a good deadpool story, daniel way actually did a really good job (yes, with the exception of the cap arc i thought the series was dogshit too).

and punisher: war journal is one of my favorite marvel titles right now...last issue espically

3. Nader_D

Nader_D HAHAHEHHUH ---- POOOHhHhHHCHhh! OT Supporter

i was reading punisher war journals, but i got bored of it.

right after i stopped my sub one of the issues got a really good review :o

but punisher max is :bowdown: right now, im going to be sad when the next arc is done and Ennis is done :wtc:

4. Gauntlet04

Gauntlet04 The Light

Just read the last part of the Wolverine soul arc. I like Guggenheim as Wolvie's writer. He does good work with him.