SRS so I am at the mall the other day

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MudRacer4x4, May 31, 2009.

1. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

So I'm at the mall the other day with my brother and some gorgous girl comes up and says "are you signed with anyone to model or act'" I look at her and she says "not you, your friend" by that she meant my brother and my heart just sank because it just seems like he has the upper hand at everything women, looks, smarter, and more built then I am. My parents favor him as well. I dont know I've just been thinking about it for days:sadwavey:. I'm happy for him because hes my brother but I feel like the under dog

2. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

are you the elder brother or younger?

3. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Eeegh. That sucks. :(

What are you good at that he's not? And don't say "nothing" cause I don't buy it :nono:

4. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

That really sucks, I'd probably have felt like shit too. Eventually you'll get over it though. We have to accept who we are at some point. That doesn't mean we can't change and improve, but at least we can be at peace.

5. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

I'm the old brother. i'm better at computers and fixing stuff thats it.

6. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I king of know what you're talking about. My older brother is like a rock star but in business. He's successful and achieved a hell of a lot at a very young age. No one in our family has experienced comparable levels of success. He does some of the most amazing things and he's really living an incredible life and there are many times I've compared myself to him and found myself lacking.

People have often asked me what he's like and try to get access to him through me. I've had people tell me straight up, "Show this deal to your brother and see what he says." Which sucks because they're totally discounting my abilities and intelligence.

However....here's the thing, I like my life a lot more than his. I've found ways to excel and I enjoy how I'm living....I"m not sure I would enjoy his life because he spends a lot of time maintaining the relationships that got him to where he is. He's had to make HUGE sacrifices to achieve that level of success and it's changed him. In fact.....I don't even really talk to him much anymore....only on birthdays and holidays and not even really all that much. We're just at very different places now and don't have much in common.

So I've found that I'm much happier not comparing myself to him. I just try to do my best with what I have and leave the comparisons to others.

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Instead of standing in the shadow of your brother make sure you have a shadow of your own. Work out and improve yourself, while looking at how the grass is greener at your neighbour you leave your own grass rotting brown, tend to your own grass first.

8. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

my younger sibling is like yours. For me, I just look at it as part of life. I don't try to go against what was given to me in life. If my sibling is luckier all these times, it is meant to happen that way. I used to fall into the shadow too, but it is better to just be happy for what you have. For me, i consider myself lucky, because i think having a challenge is much more suited for me-and my entire life has never been easy or lucky :eek3:

9. tidalxwave

tidalxwave WWKD? OT Supporter

That's just genetics and reality. You can't change it. As long has he's a good person, having a good looking unselfish buddy (in this case your bro) isn't a bad thing if you see it glass half full.

10. CRXican

CRXican God Loves Ugly

mod edit: this is not the main :hsnono:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009
  11. amac88

amac88 New Member

I feel the same way, about my older cousin (3 years older). Hes always excelled in school, went to four year college, has a nice lookin wife, etc. Me, I dropped out of college, went to automotive school, lost my first job (got laid off), and have done some things Im really not proud of. I have a 9 month old son with my ex gf as well.

But, I have the most loving, caring fiance I could ever ask for, who would do anything for me, and has done so much already. Ive had my fun in life, and am getting ready to get married and settle down at only 21. He has his drinking buddies, Ive got one best friend who Ive known since I was two years old.

My cousin drives a souped-up BMW M3 that he paid for, Ive had six cars since I was 16, none of them being even close to his. Ive battled depression for about four years, he always seems happy.

Then I realized, I had to stop comparing my life to his. Im damn happy with my life in general, I wouldnt change anything major because I wouldnt be who I am now. If someone has more money, better looks, a better looking girl, I just go "thats cool" but I try not to get jealous of them. Would I want to be a millionaire with a supermodel wife? No, money/cars/fame/looks arent everything. Yeah, they definately help, but there have been people who have all these things, and still end up nobodies in life, or are total assholes, or lose it all.

12. Traker82

Traker82 New Member

Was she one of those girls that work at the modeling kiosk. They get you interested by pretending your cute then they get you to take photos using their photgrapher for a "nominal fee".

A scam I tell ya a bloody scam!

13. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

to a point this is true

confidence > looks

I mean if you look like a troll or something thats not true but I'm sure you're an average looking guy

14. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

dont forget that this was one persons opinion of who looked more like a model, not a cold hard fact that he is better than you in any way

everyone has different tastes. some people may prefer him. some people may prefer you. i am betting you (naturally) focus more on the times when he is preferred over you than when you are preferred over him.

have confidence in who you are.