So how much of a risk is pre-cum?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Costanza, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Costanza

Costanza OT Supporter

Another thread got me thinking. How common is it for a girl not on BC to become pregnant if the guy pulls out every time? I've always heard that pre-cum DOES have sperm in it but very little.

How common is it for a girl to become pregnant with just pre cum?

2. [HRT]Squirrel Master

[HRT]Squirrel Master New Member

you will never get a straight answer on this because there isnt one.... its like asking who out of 1000,000,000 people will win the loto....

How about you just dont risk it and bag that shit.... or if you plan to risk it... understand the outcome and the risk potential....

that about do it?

3. ProneToEpisodes

ProneToEpisodes New Member

One of my friends from HS got pregnant from pre cum and had an abortion :wtc:

She was not on the pill and he pulled out

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

edit...

reference this thread.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1770818&page=1&pp=25&highlight=pull

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  5. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

Don't even consider withdrawal a viable birth control option. /thread.

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

The odds are in your favor that she will not become pregnant, however doing this time and time again of course increases your odds.

If you are not ready for a baby in any way, then I wouldnt try this method. Its just like comming in a girl, most of the time she won't get pregnant from it, but what about that time she does?

Your chances are less of course than if you were to just cum in her. Like I said, unless you are prepared for the reprecussions of this, then I would make sure she gets on BC, or that you use a condom.

7. l00kster

l00kster New Member

I posted this in another topic too but..

Regarding pre-cum. This is what I read.

Pre-cum doesn't have sperm in it. The only time it has sperm in it is if you ejaculated earlier that day and have not pissed yet. If you pee, it kills all the sperm from the ejaculation. I forgot the exact details, but it was something like that.

8. [HRT]Squirrel Master

someone lied to you... my uncle is a doctor and he said that there deffinatly are sperm in there.... hense the pregnant people from pulling out....

9. RockChick

RockChick New Member

hey-ho daddy-o...
    where the hell did you read that?

10. l00kster

l00kster New Member

I didn't mean to say there is none in there. It can get mixed in there from a previous ejaculation, but pre-cum doesn't have cum in it. It is meant to clean the path or something for the sperm. Man I totally forgot the details. I read about it from a bunch of different "doctor" forum sex sites.

11. RockChick

RockChick New Member

why do you think its called pre-CUM?
    and even if its just to "clear the path"... there will always be sperm in it.

12. l00kster

l00kster New Member

The actual fluid doesn't have any. Just to be extreme, if you haven't ejaculated in like a year, it should have none when it comes out. Anyway, did a qiuck google search and here's a bit more information that I remember reading in the past as well.

"It is clear and the purpose is to clean the urethra tract of urine to prepare it for the ejaculation sperm fluid"

13. RockChick

RockChick New Member

but there always will be sperm left... i dunno if its "alive" tho.

14. [HRT]Squirrel Master

my GF says I have "super sperm" so I think mine never dies! :ugh:

15. RockChick

RockChick New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA... now why is it so super? does it fly ;) ?

16. shlibar

shlibar New Member

if i was against your argument i would be saying
    "because it is PRE-cum? pre meaning before. it's a whole different substance"

but i'm not sure on the actual facts of this so i'm saying
    it's better to be safe then sorry

17. ShinMax

ShinMax New Member

Damn i've been with 3 different girls all for over a year, always pulling out before, and nothing ever happened. so for me i guess it works, unless i have some dead sperm. (hope not)

18. RockChick

RockChick New Member

wow, you are very stupid.

congrats.

19. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

20. lauren

lauren Active Member

sperm stays active for a week inside a guy or girl. thats why you can have sex a week before you ovulate, and still get knocked up.

21. Louis M

Louis M New Member

At least you got your info from a reputable site! :rollseyes: Of course PP will be saying how easy it is to get pregnant and how unsucessful every other method is. Look at it's last line:
    There you have it. Its safer to abort a child than get pregnant. Good find. Good find.

22. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

Those must be some super sperm there; either that or extremely favorable conditions. The vast majority of sperm only live 3-5 days inside the uterus. If they never make it past the cervix then they'll only survive a few hours inside the vagina.

An egg is typically only fetilizable for 12-24hrs (up to 36hrs if you have super eggs lol).

Some guys can have issues where their plumbing doesn't work properly and may release some sperm in the pre-ejaculate. Then there are some guys who seem to naturally have sperm in the pre-ejaculate. Then there are guys who don't start releasing sperm until they're close to ejaculating.

A female's cervical mucous is most favorable for sperm to pass through during a ~3 day span around the day of ovulation. The further from ovulation (day wise) a girl is, the more acidic, thicker, and thusly, less favorable the mucous is for a sperm to swim through.

So if we put this all together (we'll assume the guy has sperm in his pre-cum & pulls out), we could say that (obviously) your percentage rate of getting a girl pregnant changes throughout her cycle. A safe bet would be to say that chances of her concieving from a guy pulling out would be if they had intercourse anytime from 5 days before ovulation, to one or two days after ovulation. Obviously if sperm make it into the uterus before ovulation and are suitable enough to hang around howevermany days until the egg is released, then your chances of pregnancy are greater than if the sperm don't get to the egg until it's about to "die" (for lack of a better term).

Obviously the rules don't apply if you have super sperm, are a super incubator, or have super eggs. I don't condone pulling out without at least some form of BC, unless you are prepared to raise a kid should an 'accident' happen.

There was a neat video of sperm swimming through cervical mucous from a woman who was ovulating, vs mucous from a woman who was far from ovulating (thicker mucous). If I can find it again I'll post it...though it was many month ago when I last found it, so it may be hidden too deep in google for me to find, and I don't remember what I searched for lol.

23. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

24. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

what are you talking about? S/He was refering to the birth control pill. The birth control pill is not abortion, and does not cause an abortion.

25. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I'm just going to safely assume they don't know how the pill works. :rolleyes:

For future reference to the uninformed:

Combination Pill:
    -any pill containing both progestin & estrogen (includes low dose pills)
    -prevents ovulation
    -obviously there can't be an abortion if an egg isn't released to be fertilized; it doesn't kill the eggs, it just prevents them from leaving the ovaries each month
    -it's rare that one gets released; it would have the possibility to be aborted by use of the pill if the person kept taking the pill while pregnant.

Progestin-Only Pill:
    -also known as the "mini pill"
    -only contains progestin
    -thickens the cerical mucus to the point where it is hostile to sperm and prevents them from swimming through it to get to the uterus
    -may prevent ovulation
    -not harmful if taken while pregnant, but if you know you are pregnant you should stop taking it anyways, & can start back up after giving birth