GUN So how many NRA or GOA members are there here?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by blindarrow, Mar 1, 2006.

1. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

Just wondering.. I know there's some very staunch believers in the 2nd Amendment, and that you guys don't like your rights being infringed upon.. but what steps have you all taken to do your part for it?

www.nra.org
    www.gunowners.org

I highly recommend at least checking the sites on a regular basis, and joining if at all possible, however you can. At the very list, sign up for their email newsletters.. especially the GOA Action Alert. It'll basically let you know when big moves are being made against our rights in the Senate, Congress, and the government in general. It'll also remember you on their Action Alert website, where you can go to directly contact your representatives for your state.

Get on it. If you're not ensuring that your rights are being recognized and maintained to the best of your ability, and have no intention to.. sell your guns immediately. You're disgracing your forefathers, and cheapening what makes this country great.

Anyways, I'm done.

2. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Fuck the NRA. They have preserved rights, but currently they don't do shit. If they cared they'd be challenging these stupid ass laws. Helping Miller with his legal case, etc etc.

They are a big body yet seem to not be able to do much.

I'll spend my time writing letters to Senators. Hopefully Salazar writes me back for a meeting :x:

3. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

Im part of the NRA. I joined mainly to support their court case against the SF gun ban.
    Not a member of GOA though.

4. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

They have been oddly quiet lately.. hence my current liking for the GOA. They're constantly monitoring Capitol Hill for issues that need to be brought to my attention.

5. Accord

Accord New Member

I'm an NRA life member.

The NRA is doing a lot, the NRA-ILA newsletter which is sent out everyweek shows exactly what legislative activities the NRA is involved in and just because they haven't made any major news recently aside from the SF gun ban, they ARE doing a lot.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

GOA here was an NRA member but i let my membership expire

7. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

im NRA, I'd like to be JPFO, but im broke right now :embd:

8. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Joined the NRA through their webpage and I get the magazines but they haven't sent me anything else...

Aren't they suppose to send me some welcome package or some shit with information and a member number or something? I haven't gotten jack shit.

9. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I've got some extra NRA stickers if you want em, PM me your address

10. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

when i found out my roommate joined the NRA, i told him the same thing.

just used the katrina gun confiscations as an example.

took them what, 2 weeks to say something about it?

11. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I'll be joining GOA and RMGO when I have some extra cash. I just went and signed up for the newsletter at RMGO and they sent me all kinds of shit.

12. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

13. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

Memeber of the NRA and TSRA(Texas State Rifle Association) here :wavey:

14. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

NRA, ISRA (IL State), and GOA member.

15. Accord

Accord New Member

JPFO is a little too "arfcom" for me, if you know what I mean :rofl:.

16. striker754

striker754 Chillin

I see no point in donating a fuckton of money to the NRA or other organization when I see nothing back from it. I'll buy some more guns, thanks.

If the Supreme Court followed its previous rulings, the NFA would be overturned in theory. I haven't seen the NRA attempt this. A bunch of people online asked them if they would fight to overturn the machine gun ban (i think) and they said no. Fuck the NRA.

17. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

so its a bunch of 12 year old kids that pretend they know alot about AR15's?

18. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I'm really torn on the NRA, on the surface they seem like a group that want to give me truck stop merchandise for my money. Ohhh the charleton heston plate with a genuine deer antler handled knife, my nipples are hard already. Honestly I don't even want the magazines, I just want the political action work. I do think they do good work trying to keep ranges in business, teaching classes for new shooters, etc. I also think they do good work with trying to push states into things like castle laws, concealed carry, and allowing employees to leave their guns in their cars on employer property.

here's their news page for their political arm http://www.nra-ila.com/News/Default.aspx Looking at the news releases heading is not encouraging.

In short I haven't decided yet, they are the biggest group representing gun owners, but I'm not sure they're as effective as some members would try to convince you they are.

19. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

I'm a member only because I didnt feel like waiting in a long line at a gun show.

Overall, I can't wait for my membership to expire.

20. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

NRA, they need to be doing more though

21. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I'm in NRA mainly for the magazine(american rifleman), and the other money i figure goes to support thier cause. It's mainly a money issue of why i don't do more.

betterthannothing

22. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Joining the NRA or another group is better than not putting money into any gun rights organizations.

23. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

I figure the NRA is helping WAY more than they're hurting. I'm temped when I renew to become a $30/3 months for life membership. I also plan to donate money to www.oregonfirearms.org They're a true grassroots organization working to keep Oregon gun laws in check.

24. Accord

Accord New Member

Yes, you should have received two seperate packages from them about 3-4 weeks after you signed up. You should have received the black and gold NRA shooters hat and you should have received a welcome package containing your membersip card, stickers, and other information. If you didn't receive any of this, call the NRA and tell them, they're VERY good about it and will send you out another hat and whatnot no questions asked.

25. Accord

Accord New Member

I'm traveling to Providence this weekend and the NRA has saved me more than $200 in hotel rooms, rental car, etc. etc.

Also, I compete with the Sawgrass Highpower Rifle Club and they REQUIRE NRA membership.

$25 a year won't kill you.