MIL So how hard is it to get into an ROTC program for your junior year in college?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Nakon, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Nakon

Nakon Guest

I've been thinking about this for a while and feel that this would be a good option for me. How hard/possible is it to get into the program if I'll be a sophomore when school starts in the fall?

2. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

requirements/etc change every year, but when i was in ROTC you could just walk up and join any time up through junior year (although joining as a junior was a little more involved process, requiring multiple ROTC classes each semester and a longer field training camp (i.e. ROTC boot camp) in the summer.

as a sophomore you could just join (and quit) at any time.

3. Nakon

Nakon Guest

at any time? so like in the middle of the semester or spring semester?

4. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

yeah - like i said, i'm sure it differs a little from school to school and year to year depending on the numbers they're trying to get, but when i was in AFROTC at the University of Maryland from 99-03, you could pretty much walk in and join at any time.

5. the raging enigma

the raging enigma If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidenc

I know that you have to have at least a 3.0 GPA to get in, other than that, its fairly easy

6. Nakon

Nakon Guest

get in or get a scholarship?

7. I have a 2.6 and I have a scholarship and joined the last semester of my sophomore year. It is not hard to get in as long as you aren't below a 2.5 and are in decent shape.

8. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

go ask the detachment recruiter. he will tell you everything you will need to know.

9. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

army has a new policy that if you take a step in the rotc class room as an ms-3 contracted or not and you want to quit it is up to the unit commander if he wants to involuntarily enlist you into the army.

if you want to do it make sure its what you want

10. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

for AFROTC you need to have at least a 2.0 to get in and at least a 2.5 to be considered for scholarships

11. :ugh:

12. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

They can do that:eek3:

13. shiba

shiba Active Member

Its relatively easy to get it nowadays. You need a minimum of 2.0 gpa, the ability to pass the PT test as well as attend LDAC. I believe they'll even take second semester juniors who will contract immediately and go through the program in 1.5 years.