So how effective is the depo shot?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Kerpal, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Kerpal

Kerpal handlobraes

I've been doing some reading up on this but I figured I'd see what the general vaginarium consensus is... serious responses only please. :)

So I've read that the depo shot is as effective or even slighlty more effective than a condom... true?

From what I understand, the shot is basically good for at least 13 weeks and doesn't get any less effetive during the last few weeks before another one is due... but if one waits longer than 13 weeks to get a new shot, they should abstain or use condoms for two weeks after that to be safe. Correct?

My girl is on depo and is due for another one in about a week. I just want to make absolutely sure that it's okay to rely soley on the shot for birth control as long as she continues getting them on time.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
  2. Atooraya

Atooraya I'm here to rustle jimmies and chew bubble gum. I'

nononononononono!

unless you want her to fucking GO NUTS, do NOT GET ON DEPO

3. Kerpal

Kerpal handlobraes

Nah, she's been on depo for a couple years now with no ill affects she says... definately no weight gain, mood swings or loss of sex drive... she's in perfect shape and is probably the most easygoing and the horniest girl I've ever met. :rofl:

4. doug05257

doug05257 New Member

I do not know how effective it really is - but I've worked in the pharmacy for two years now, and we've sold a whole lot of it... It must work, on some level at least.

5. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

nothing is as safe as a condom by itself except having tubes tied or abstinence, but im not sure about depo

6. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

7. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

i had a gf who was on it. didnt have any serious side effects. so we enjoyed it. :)

however with any drug, it will effect different people in different ways.

8. rkf76

rkf76 New Member

Well, it takes two to tango. Anytime you are not taking the proper steps yourself to prevent pregnancy then you are setting yourself up. The only birth control that's 100% is abstinence. With that being said, my ex was on the shot the whole time we were together and I nutted in her everytime with no issues. We were together for 3yrs. So if you are going to bust inside her, make sure you are prepared to deal with possible outcome from doing so.

9. Zemo

Zemo n00b of the year

with textbook procedures followed, chance of pregnancy while on depo is 0.3%. Chance of pregnancy with female sterilization (tubes tied) is 0.5%. So, if you use it right, depo can be more effective than getting her tubes tied....

for reference, chance of pregnancy with condoms is 14%...