So how are you to know who's clean these days?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by citizen erased, May 7, 2005.

1. citizen erased

citizen erased jailbait tested, milf approved

I used to think that HIV/AIDS/STDS/STIS were something that would happen only to the dirtiest of people. However, I had a brief run in and a close scare of contracting Herpes Simplex 1 ... but it turns out it was not Herpes Simplex 1, but horribly timed acne.

This made me realize that I need to protect myself in the future, as well as the present -- but I look at people and wonder "how do I know if their clean?" I mean I wouldn't want to ruin a potential relationship with anyone over a kiss, but are you better off not being with someone you have things in common with, who may have something like HS1?

I'm thinking about getting tested, I've worn a condom everytime I have sex with my girlfriend.

But my question is also, when you meet a girl -- should you both get tested before kissing? I'm not trying to say there's a level of fear, but uncertainty.

2. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

tested before kissing.... riiiiiiiiight..... uh... back to reality now.

you want to make out? then do it. not a problem. you want to have sex? wear a condom, again.. not a problem.

yes, crazy bad shit is out there floating around in the population. but what are you going to do? lock yourself up in your bedroom?? risk is a part of life. you want to play the game, then you got to accept the risks and chances that are going to be thrown at you.

if you dont want to or dont know how to deal with those risks, then stop having sex.

3. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

paranoia paranoia everybody's comming to get me....

you're not gonna get tested or test every girl you come in contact with, it's unreasonable. try to avoid the really skanky girls, but realize that just because you think they're dirty, doesn't mean they are, and just because they look clean, doesn't mean they are.

ps: i told you i was right about the acne around the mouth...

4. Tornado6

Tornado6 When the wind set down in funnel form and pulled y

There are several STDs that are endemic to the population, like cold sores. You can't do a whole lot about them, since they can even be passed without sexual contact. Cold sores are not necessarily sexually transmitted. You can get them from sharing a cigarette or a straw with an infected person. You can pick them up from a public telephone. Women spread them by sharing lipstick / chapstick with friends. There are a couple of STDs that men carry, but experience no real symptoms, like many forms of HPV. There isn't even a HPV test for men.

How do you keep yourself safe? They told you how in sex ed. 1) Do not have sex. 2) Have sex with only one person who has never had sex with anyone else, and provide recent test results before that. 3) Ask for recent test results from every single partner, and test yourself frequently. Do not have sex with anyone you aren't comfortable enough with to have this conversation. 4) Use all available forms of protection, including dental dams, finger cots, and condoms.

The less uptight about it you are, the greater your risks are. Bacteria and viruses are opportunistic. If people didn't have as much sex with as many partners as we do, these diseases would have a much harder time surviving. We've obviously been doing it for a very long time, since we have so many things that have evolved to pass from genital to genital. We're obviously not all being as safe as we should be either, since we seem to continue to give these things to each other. There is no way to tell how clean a person is by looking. Taking a shower and putting on perfume does not kill STDs.

5. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

in high school, i remember saying that i was going to have all the guys i dated get tested before becoming sexual with them... needless to say, that never happened.

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

haha. yeah, i was gonna wait for marriage before sex. that lasted about 6 months. haha.

oh, how niave we once were...

7. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

I can see myself going down the same path...

.. with women of course :noes:

IBmypenisfallsoff (heh, if i have enough sex with enough different women to get an STD I should probably consider myself fortunate)

8. Reign

Reign Banned

Well, it is a problem.... most go into recession with no visible signs at times. Most times people don't even realise they have them. Then there's diseases such as HPV which is runing pretty rampant right now. Even though there are like 30 different strains it's predicted that like 3 out of 4 people actually have it.

The biggest problem with that one is, it's untestible in males and is only really detectable if it breaks out on a female or by a papsmear. And because it's untestible in males unless it shows signs, which it rarely does, it can spread quite easily.

Good news is, other than a couple strains increasing the chance of cervical cancer in females, it's harmless.

Anyway, yes, you have to be very careful with STDs/STIs these days.

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

considering 50% of college girls have STD's, always wrap it up! if you're unsure, ask them. then ask for their test results. believe me they do get tested since it's free

10. Incog91

Incog91 Guest

Chicken Pox = Herpes
    Cold Sore = Herpes

11. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

just because they got tested doesn't mean they'll answer truthfully... and also, there's no physical slip that says "i'm std free". at least i didn't get one, i got my results over the phone.

12. deznutz

deznutz New Member

:eek3: 50%....

13. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Then go with them to get tested together? :hsd:

14. k0in b4hd

k0in b4hd New Member

haha, i like how this was a really good idea for a post, an idea that many people probably have questions or concerns about...

yet there is crap for responses... it just goes to show you that sluts love the risk of playing the game...

15. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

best way to not have to worry about it....
    sex with 1 and only 1 person :big grin: Life is better that way anyways.

16. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

Or no sex. :wtc:

17. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

how do you figure there's crap for responses? the answer to his question is "you can't tell".... it's been said.

18. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

the thought of what i was missing would eat at me. was that definitely all that sex could be, even if it was pretty good?

i prefer a bit of experience, for comparison. that way you know exactly where you stand - and as long as you've been safe there's little to worry about.

19. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I dont care what else is out there, the love I have for my SO makes the sex I get better than anything else anyone could ever offer me. I never wonder what I miss, and never think of others Ive had. It doesnt get any better.

No offence, I'm not saying you are wrong, but personally I think its sad that there are people who need experince and comparison....

20. lauren

lauren Active Member

yeah, i had aswsome sex with my fi, but wondering what else was out there. we broke up (for other reasons) and i found out most guys couldnt come close to matching how awsome my ex was. i got my epxeriance, and it was a letdown.

21. nerd9

nerd9 OT Supporter

I'm a guy. I've had a cold sore before. Can it spread to my girl through sexual contact?

22. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

unless it's an open sore (or visible really) there is very very little chance you'll spread it.

23. Incog91

Incog91 Guest

mouth herpes and genital herpes are extremely hard to transmit back and forth

24. nerd9

nerd9 OT Supporter

Thanks guys. The real problem I have with cold sores is that the herpes virus never leaves your system, so I'm going to have cold sores every year. It's ridiculous.

25. Incog91

Incog91 Guest

I haven't had a cold sore in a decade.