So here is what i'm thinking.....

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Chris90210, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

i'm setting up the funds to buy the 2008 challenger when it comes out at first i was going to keep the rims then i got an idea......... What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry its not the best Photoshop

2. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

I'm a fan of the classic Mag wheels. It looks like a step in the right direction. no sports car needs 20 inch wheels anyway.

3. Towelie55

Towelie55 NICKOS/TRYFUHL CREW

Uh goodluck

4. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

yea great opinion i can see your point so clearly that it blinds me

5. 97venge

97venge New Member

i think it would look good on an old challenger but it just doesnt flow with the 08'

the lines arent right with the smaller wheels, i do however think it would look good with those same wheels but a larger size

6. Towelie55

Towelie55 NICKOS/TRYFUHL CREW

You really think that car is going to look like that when you buy it

7. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

lets see its a concept car so no it will not but so far that is all dodge has really released pics wise i have no clue what the production models will look like

i don't know i have never been a big fan of bigger wheels when they release it i will have to jump on american racing and play with the sizes to see what would fit it best but you have to understand that this is photoshop so it does not really do them justice

8. WhiteSSP

WhiteSSP OT Supporter

17" Torque Thrust II's in the Torque Thrust D "magnesium" color. Like the light grayish color. That would look absolutely S I C K on a challenger.

But, like the 05 mustangs, they're making cars with wheelwells far too large to look right with 15" wheels/tires anymore :(

9. 97venge

97venge New Member

which is exactly why you shouldnt do it, would look stupid

10. CastorTroy

CastorTroy New Member

Those wheels would look better in 17", and not chromed. 15" chromed wheels look great on the classic muscle cars, but the new Challenger just doesn't have enough chrome on it to make it fitting, and just begs for a little larger wheels, but not too massive.

11. fudd

fudd New Member

I agree with the guys saying "go bigger." Anything with an old school touch would look awesome. imo

12. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

The chrome would look better with plum crazy purple i think

13. 396Hawk

396Hawk Active Member

Why would you want 15" wheels?

14. WhiteSSP

WhiteSSP OT Supporter

15x3.5 and 15x10

Thats why.

15. 396Hawk

396Hawk Active Member

3.5" wheels would be awesome for turning at high speeds... and allow you to run big brakes up front.

:ugh2:

16. WhiteSSP

WhiteSSP OT Supporter

Why in the fuck do you want to turn at high speeds? And why the fuck do you need big brakes? A chute will slow me down fast enough, and the only turning I do is onto the return road to go back into the staging lanes.

Its not a god damn Ferrari or a Corvette, its a solid axle pony car. Its made to go real straight real fast, and then turn around and do it again.

17. 396Hawk

396Hawk Active Member

I forgot that this thread was about race cars. :ugh2:

Muscle/Pony Cars in the '60s and '70s were made to go fast in a straight line... welcome to 2006.

18. Fareo

Fareo New Member

case and point ^.. they dont.. at all. i HATE the guys with the 28" rims on a escalade that they had to lift to put street tires on :ugh2: .. but at the same time every car has its own perfect wheel size.. a full size dodge truck can be totally slammed on 22"s and look great but 22''s on a neon would look :greddy: .

the challenger has the same wheel wells as the 300 and charger. the SRT8 300 comes stock with 20'' and they fill up the wheel well perfectly, you can even pull off 22 becasue of the sheer size of the car. anything smaller then an 18 on any of the LX cars would look tiny.

another thing you have to think about is performace, unlike the outta date mustang. the challanger is also going to have the E class merc independent suspention ..like the 300 and charger and even with its size ill bet good amont of money that it out handles the mustang no problem. so with that said 20s are probibly the best bet for the challenger for both performance and overall looks, this coming from someone that has a 1967 dodge charger with 14" and 15" torq thrust d's. id like to go bigger on my charger but the wheel cut outs on a 1st gen charger really couldnt hold anything bigger then a 17'', which is what i will have someday but for now my torqs pull off a nice retro look.

speaking of retro, the challenger IS retro but its not a rebuild.. it may look somewhat like a 1970 challenger but it has some subtle differances that make it fit in with mordern cars, so with that said if you wanted a retro rim for it you would want a rim that does the same.. retro feel with modern class. personally i feel that the new challenger would look good with todays standerds.. like below.. but you could pull off a retro look too.

[​IMG]*
    this is what my 2008 challanger would look like.

[​IMG]
    and this is what my 1970 challanger would look like.

another thing you have to think about is, the distance from the top of the door to the bottom of the body is much longer then the old challengers thus they made the wheel cut outs bigger to offset this.. and with that you need bigger rims, i may have made thoughs rims alil big on the that green one now that i look at it , but you still get the idea..

*i also lowered it, deleted the side marker lights, and challanger logo on the back

19. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

actually pony cars were meant to road race. although they threw massive motors in them to appease the stop light grand prix base.

20. Fareo

Fareo New Member

[​IMG]

21. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Tiny old wheels are busted on classics and new cars IMO. Theres plenty of restored muscle wearing modern sized wheels and looking good.

The Challenger is on the path to production now, expect it to be very similar to the current SRT-8s in price and performance.

22. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

i understand that with this new challenger that you do have to have bigger wheels but i have always liked more tire than wheel :dunno: i just always enjoyed some of the old school ideas

23. WhiteSSP

WhiteSSP OT Supporter

Well, a race car is the only time you'll really need a big brake kit. Either way, the stock brakes will be more than adequate enough to stop the car in 3/4 of a mile after you finish your run. I drag race, road racing is too expensive. That is why in my opinion 15" wheels and tires are better than 17" wheels and tires. Your mileage may vary.

24. WhiteSSP

WhiteSSP OT Supporter

I know, trust me. I'm just arguing. There's a reason the Trans Am is called the Trans Am, and it has nothing to do with drag racing.

But I can knock someone elses decision in wheel choice/function just as easily as someone can knock my choice on 15" wheels/tires. Personally, I think that fats and skinnies look FAR more badass on nearly any vehicle than 17+" wheels and tires, but thats my opinion, and that is why not everyone has the exact same set of wheels on every vehicle.

25. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Smaller wheels may not fit this car because it's likely to come with huge Brembos stock.