So has anyone read The Road?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Zero, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

cormac mcarthy is same guy who wrote no country for old men i think. it's supposed to be good, but i've been too busy reading the shining again to start it

2. 1house3kids0vette

1house3kids0vette Member

I have read both it and NCFOM and I'm probably in the minority but I can't get over the no punctuation and other weird literary quirks from him. I know there is some deep philosophical bullshit about why he does it that way, but the whole time I'm reading I'm itching to get out my red pen and lay serious waste to it with editing.
    Anyway the story itself is quite compelling and worth the read. It is a tense read even though you have a pretty good idea how it is going to end.

3. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I really liked The Road. I wouldn't say it lives up to the hype, but it is still quite good.

4. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

don't be pretentious. twatface. nobody likes someone with a red pen and a need to edit someone's work.

the only hype i've found surrounding it so far has been the movie, but the movie is separate from the book so i'm ignoring its hype.

5. zumin3k

zumin3k New Member

I liked it. Not my favorite in the genre, but pretty good. I'll definitely see the movie.

6. brock3931

brock3931 OT Supporter

don't be pretentious. twatface. nobody likes someone with a red pen and a need to edit someone's work.

This.

Motherfucker crying about someone's work needing editing. I have an idea, how about this fucker gets something published and then turned into a major motion picture, then he can be a pretentious asshole about how someone else writes.

Fucking cockbag just needs to say, "I liked it," or "I didn't like it."

7. 1house3kids0vette

1house3kids0vette Member

Thanks for replying twice you fucking douchebag. I'm pretentious but you are of course above reproach, what with your well thought out and presented reply.
    Go fuck yourself.

8. 1house3kids0vette

1house3kids0vette Member

9. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

ballsucking 08s make this forum shit. thanks for fagging up the thread homo.

10. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

you have favorites in the genre? elaborate. and then pics of ur wife.

11. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

also brock is so fucking rigid with win that he can reply as many times as internet can handle.

12. brock3931

brock3931 OT Supporter

:rofl: with me accidentally reposting :rofl:
    Little, 48 count post having, literary critic knows we are right. Next time he wants to give his impression on a book maybe he will understand that saying he likes it or not is all we fucking care about.

For the record, The Road, was entertaining, I like end of society type scenarios (thus my love for zombie shit), but it wasn't the greatest thing I have ever read. I prefer zombies.

13. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

i've been debating reading while engrossed in the shining... but i'm also considering re-reading day by day armageddon. cuz that book was off the fucking chain

14. brock3931

brock3931 OT Supporter

Now that I have given a reply as to whether or not I liked the Road, let me address your little comment. the problem with pretentious newbies is that, most of the time, they talk out of their ass in order to try to establish themselves in the forum. I (and probably Zero since he commented about it first) feel that is the case with you. You come in, and cry about how an author (who is clearly established) chose to write his piece of work. You could have merely stated that the style wasn't what you like, or his way of writing made you pee in your panties, but instead you chose to tell us you wanted to edit and grade his work (red pen). In doing so, set yourself up for my comment, which still stands...go get your own shit published, turned into a major motion picture, then bitch about your peers. Since you are clearly unable to do that, how about shutting the worthless fucking cockhole you call a mouth.

15. brock3931

brock3931 OT Supporter

Day By Day is the vastly better read, imo. Haven't found much that compares to it, but I keep looking.

16. 1house3kids0vette

1house3kids0vette Member

Good one, right back at you. What have we read by you?
    Obviously the fact that you joined in 06 gives your statements much more weight than mine.
    I'm not really aware of a lot of editors who are also bestselling authors so perhaps there is room to comment on something without being on the NY Times list.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  17. brock3931

brock3931 OT Supporter

Wow! Next time ask before you use my arguments. Get permission, bitch. You gotta swallow my cum before you can quote me.

Wait a minute...you don't even have a sub?!?! Bitch, get the fuck off my nuts.

Also, WTF are you even blabbering about...editors? NY Times? Make sense or get out...stupid fucking freeloader

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  18. blackrat

blackrat OT Supporter

Just started it last night.

I'm reading it while sitting at work on graveyard shift fluttering somewhere between awake and asleep so the rambling style and metaphoric dreams are kind of making me zone out a bit. Seems like a super quick read though, roughly 250 pages with wide margins and numerous paragraph breaks. If I can get into it I can finish it in a night or two. Hopefully it will draw me in once they move beyond them wandering around.

19. brock3931

brock3931 OT Supporter

Like I said, I enjoyed it. I just prefer a few more dead bodies attacking my heroes. Wait, I have an idea...The Road And Zombies!! Just like Pride, Prejudice And Zombies!!

20. 1house3kids0vette

1house3kids0vette Member

Fuck you

21. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

:rofl: :love:

can't compare the two myself, but it sounds like it might be compelling.

here we go. let's post our recently read lists and compare cock lengths and brain size based on them.

:rofl: i swallowed enough so i'm good

day by day took me a day and a half of being ill to get through. nice relaxed pace. hopefully the road will be just as mellowing.

no country for old zombies? :mamoru:

get a room you halfwit. :wavey:

22. brock3931

brock3931 OT Supporter

:rofl: no other answer? Didn't think so.

23. 1house3kids0vette

1house3kids0vette Member

OK, here's one. You are a foulmouthed, infantile, moron, who uses the anonymity of the internet to rant and rave like you own the place.
    You use profanity to try and make yourself sound tough and worldly, when in fact it makes your comments a joke.

24. brock3931

brock3931 OT Supporter

Oh, was that supposed to hurt? There are people on here that will gladly let you know that I am exactly the same in real life. As for my comments being a joke, you were the one claiming to want to edit a known authors work, but my comments are jokes, whatever. Foulmouthed? Did you not use foul words yourself? Is it my fault that you are now hurt and trying to make yourself known in here off my back? Just curious...but one thing is correct, with you, I will not take the high road. You are unworthy, proven by your lack of a sub and your inability to produce any real form of argument. So, fuck off, you little cocksucking whorebag. Btw, I am still waiting for you to swallow my load, you piece of shit.

Why not stay in The Red Carpet, at least there you can pretend to be cool.

25. 1house3kids0vette

1house3kids0vette Member

Ok, bye now. Have a nice time running the internet.