So has anyone jailbroken 1.1.3 yet?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LooneyTuned, Jan 25, 2008.

1. LooneyTuned

LooneyTuned Oil? Bitch you cookin OT Supporter

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I was thinking about it but it seems Nate that released it has been kicked off the iPhone Dev Team for releasing it and the Dev Team is saying his way isn't the best way to go about it. On top of that, many applications don't work with 1.1.3 yet (they just need to be recompiled with the new update) as they no longer have access to /root/var or something along those lines. I'll wait a bit before jailbreaking mine. Right now 1.1.2 is just fine.

3. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I did it last night. Its okay, the locateme feature doesnt work in google maps bc i'm on the 1.1.2 baseband.

Everything else is fine.

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Not much point in upgrading other then for the Google Maps feature for me. Really no point if I can't use that.

5. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I did it for the google maps traffic mainly, plus I hardly use any of my 3rd party apps anymore anyways. None of them are all that useful. I'm tempted to restore.

The locate me function doesnt even work that great I used it on my moms iPhone and its not that accurate honestly.

6. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

The traffic function is availble on 1.1.2 The locate doesn't work all that well sometimes if they don't have a lot of info on the tower or there aren't other towers near by. When my boss used it in downtown San Fran it was able to narrow it down to the block we were in which is more then fine for driving directions. When we were on the 101 it was able to narrow it down to about a 2 mile area which once again should be enough if you're looking for directions to somewhere not within that radius. For me that function is more about the convenience of not having to locate yourself on the map first when trying to get directions. Once it locates your general area you can then touch and drag the pin to your actual location and have it give directions from there.