So GMInsideNews deleted my latest thread

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by TriShield, Mar 30, 2007.

1. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

I basically said no matter how good their products get or how many they sell that they will still go under. It's inevitable. They cannot sustain themselves on their current business model and with their US labor costs. I also said the same thing about Chrysler and Ford.

I see this morning the thread was hard deleted by the moderators.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/ - is really a fantasy land full of weird people.

lolz

2. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

god damn you are hard core

3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

says the biggest GM sackrider?

4. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

GM makes superior products compared to Chrysler and Ford, but they're all in the same world of shit. None of them make any profit selling cars, the money they do make on trucks is gobbled up by legacy, labor and other huge costs. That will dry up when fuel hits $3 per gallon this summer.

None of them will stay in business without declaring bankruptcy eventually.

5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

GM is living in lala land

6. Grimey

Grimey New Member

I still say Chrysler will go first

7. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

GM isn't going anywhere. neither is ford. Chrysler will be pikced up by someone.

sorry to crush your dreams.

8. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Superior products because you said they are superior :mamoru:

9. Variant

Variant Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.

GM isn't going anywhere. If it comes down to it the government will bail them out at the expense of the taxpayers just like they did with the airlines.

10. SirLumina

SirLumina New Member

Yeah, GMI really does have people living in a fantasy world. That said, "going under" just means bankruptcy. Essentially it would demolish all unions and workers at GM and probably put a lot of auto suppliers in the same situation. In the end, all weak assets would be sold off and new workers would be brought in for the reorganization and pensions would be handed off to the government.

Unlike other old American companies that decided to become competitive by dumping their pensions on the government right now and royally fucking their old workers, GM has decided to take the high road and keep funding their own pensions. Of course that could be their unraveling but it's the respectable thing to do.

So if they went into reoganization bankruptcy, in the end a stronger and more competitive company would emerge. They would have to basically shave off a few brands and run with only core companies and core manufacturing capability. It could be the best thing for them if this happened, but they deserve credit for recognizing the problems before any of the other of the big 3 and doing the most to correct those problems.

11. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Toyota will purchase GM within 10 years.

12. SirLumina

SirLumina New Member

No they won't unless GM is making huge profits, in which case they might not then anyway because they would be much harder to buy. Toyota is a company that expands from within and invests in companies that are winners. GM is too risky for them. They are all about improving shareholder wealth and buying GM would not do that for them.

They might start buying parts of GM and using idle production capability, but that's about it.

13. elesjuan

elesjuan New Member

They've needed to dump the other 'brand names' for a LOOOONG time now. Why is it they're selling TWO Identical trucks under two different brand names? Why does ford need to sell THREE identical vehicles under different brands?? Ford, Lincoln, Merc, and now Mazda. I feel sorry for my fellow mazda owners when ford eats out of the auto market.

Toyota isn't going to buy GM, they're going to destroy them IMO. With their current lineup of trucks and quality of build, they're WELL on their way. Plus they're made in TEXAS by AMERICANS!

14. BigT

BigT LSX Crew

Ford is in much worse shape.

15. SirLumina

SirLumina New Member

Well the funny thing is that Toyota is finding that market the most difficult to penetrate even with the new Tundra. Magazines haven't all considered it the best bar none, and it doesn't cater as much to the "work truck" crowd like the domestic trucks do. I think this is exemplified by their increasing incentives on the new trucks, which is unusual for them to do. Basically this is the main segment that Toyota struggles against domestic competition in because it's the main segment the domestic automakers taker seriously, and have for years now.

16. borborygmus

borborygmus Guest

you ARE trishield

continue

17. yer mom

yer mom Pelvic THRUST

Thank you, master of the obvious.

:rofl:

18. Pvt. Joker

Pvt. Joker RIP Nigger Jim OT Supporter

karma's a bitch. now you know how i feel when a thread i make on OT about some fat OP gets deleted :rofl:

19. elesjuan

elesjuan New Member

Thats true but I don't see it lasting. Personally I've had vehicles from GM, Ford, and Dodge all with very disappointing results. American car manufactures have lost me as a buyer for a number of reasons, but most of all has been the build quality. When I was younger I had more of an interest in trucks but not as much anymore, basically where I stand in buying a vehicle the big three lose out big time. Their competition for my sports car well, isn't. What they have to offer against my sedan is pretty useless too.

I have a factory turbocharged mazda MX5 and even the new turbocharged sky can't touch it. About the only advantage the sky has over my car is more interior space, at a HUGE cost of comfort and ergonomics -- Look where they put the stupid flimsy cupholders (not that I use them in my car anyway.) Their trunk is non-existent, top is difficult at best to open and you have to get out of the car to do so! The SKY is a good car, and looks great, but its nowhere near what I expect from the price tag and classification of the car.

My sedan is a 2006 Mazdaspeed6 factory turbocharged 4 cylinder. I can only think of ONE American made car thats even close to the classification of it and thats the Milan/Fusion... What a joke! AAAAND my car has a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, 270 horsepower and 280 foot pounds of torque. (yeah, I like mazda a little. ;) )

Thats all just my opinion. The jap car makers finally realized they can really seize hold of the American car buyers market and started manufacturing some good high quality products. There basically is no such thing as a labor union in Japan so they don't have to pay their workers 50$ an hour to assemble cars -- Granted most of their cars are pretty close to the same price as the American counterpart there is a lot of other factors to take into account.

20. Shiva Chaos

Shiva Chaos i see boobies!

......... you do know that mazda is platform sharing with ford for the 3 and the 6, right? And where they're built?

21. SirLumina

SirLumina New Member

But you're one of like 10 people that actually went out and bought the Mazdaspeed 6. That car is in the fucking DUMPS for sales. Shit R&T did a review on the Saturn Aura v6 and even w/ FWD it matched the figures of the Speed6 in acceleration. That's sad.

As for the Sky and Solstice, the basic designs for the car were thrown together in months. I never expected them to get everything right because they made a stylish design and wanted to get it to the market ASAP. I see a MX5 and I just think it's another car. I see a Sky or Solstice and the design is so intriguing that I check it out further. For a first try and for the cost, the Sky and Solstice are neat little cars. Give them time and the trunk will be larger and ergonomics will be a bigger focus, etc. The MX5 is almost 20 years old by now, I would expect it to be more refined and well executed.

I dunno, your opinion is valid but the American market is much more competitive with Euro and Japanese cars than they've been in the last 25 years or so.

22. borborygmus

borborygmus Guest

ba zing!

23. xioix

xioix OT Supporter

The base model needs to be stripped down and sold at 17-18k, the higher end models sell quite well

24. Shiva Chaos

Shiva Chaos i see boobies!

the mazdaspeed 6 is as fast as the v6 version :o