MMA So for my fight...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by DOHChi, Apr 6, 2009.

1. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

my original opponent, the methed out leprechaun, backed out
    [​IMG]

now i have a new opponent, who is 2-0. both fights he won by decision.
    [​IMG]

he's an athletic, brawler type, with okay gnp. i think i have better technique in grappling and boxing than he will, but he is a wild one. what pisses me off, he backed out of fighting my teammate who is 2-0, saying he had too much experience, yet he opted to fight me, im 0-0. it doesnt matter to me, just adds fuel to the fire.
    found one of his fights on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z6vjV0SA5A&feature=related round 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7QOIsup_VA&feature=related round 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeSdwho0HFA&feature=related round 3

oh yea, i also entered a small bjj tourney this past saturday, to see how my confidence, cardio, intensity and if i would be nervous. i felt good, didnt gas, kept attacking and my cardio didnt falter.

i entered intermediate, 156-170 and the intermediate absolute. didnt cut weight at all. weighted in with all my clothes and shoes on at 166.
    in my first division, my opponent and i both went for a flying armbar at the same time and collided :mamoru::o. we scrambled, he ended up in mount. i got out of his mount, stood up, but he kept buttscooting towards me. i grabbed onto his wrist, went for a triangle, but he ducked and i went over. we scrambled again, and he pulled guard on me. we fought for awhile in there, i felt his legs open, so i leaned back and tried to go for a leg lock.
    well i missed somehow, and he ended up getting my foot. he went for an ankle lock, and instead of sitting up, and fighting it, i was stubborn and went for my own, he ended up getting the ankle faster and i tapped :hs:

for the absolute, they called my name went to the mat, called my opponents name, i turned around and made the :squint::eek4: face. my opponent was 6' something, tatted up, and was around 190-200 range, swole. pretty intimidating looking. the crowd had a kick out of it.
    i think he underestimated me, cuz he just stood there and didnt really take a stance. so i palmed his head a couple of times pretty hard to get him going, he put his arm out, went for an arm drag, but didnt really move him. he put his right arm on my shoulder, so i instinctly went for a flying armbar :o.
    landed it, but he kept composed and stacked me. i transitioned to a triangle, but yet again, he just stacked me and waited, used his strength to his advantage, and got sidemount. he didnt really have a tight sidemount, so i bumped, went for his leg, trying to go for a single, but he sprawled out, and got a d'arce on me, making me tap :hsd:

all in all, pretty good experience, havent done a grappling tournament in a year, and it was my first time entering an intermediate division and an absolute division.

2. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

So a guy who is 2-0 ducked another guy who is 2-0 because he had too much experience? The fuck?

Nice work at the tourney. If you find any vids, link us up.

3. rtzcom

rtzcom bon wons! fight slepa for life sone!~

flying armbar openers FTW

4. teep

teep New Member

hah man you love those flying arm bars.

just keep in mind no matter how technical you are in training, first fights tend to turn in to brawl fests then go to the ground.

5. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

oh shit nga..

mega :bowdown: at your av..

6. teep

teep New Member

i'd actually rather a fight a guy that was 2-0 than 0-0. at least then you can find videos/information and see what the guy is really about. too much lying and setting up on the local level.

7. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

no vids as of yet, dunno if anyone taped it. i love pulling flying armbars, flying triangles. i have a pretty high success rate in classes, with it.
    i dont mind fighting anyone with a record, especially in amateur, but i just found it amusing he's ducking my teammate.

8. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

9. .Tim

.Tim New Member

Any herpes?

10. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

fuck no, god no

11. Sammo

Sammo New Member

that's what you think, did he ever get a physical or any sort of medical test?

12. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

own him!

13. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

oh wait it's the same guy from this thread lol