So does anybody here plays Flight Sim games for PC?

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by forgotmyname, Sep 3, 2009.

1. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

If so, how do you have your controls configured? I have a joystick with 8 buttons, but it isn't enough for the rest of the controls. Also, my joystick doesn't twist, so I can't do Yaw movements.

How are you supposed to set it up?

2. spiffitz

spiffitz New Member

Buy a better stick or learn the keyboard commands? What other options are there?

What sim are you playing? I do fine in IL2 using my 10 year old Sidewinder FF 2. I'd like a separate throttle setup with more buttons but don't have the room for it.

3. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

If you're playing any sim that's worth a damn, you're gonna need to use the rudder. And if you can't use the rudder on your current stick, you should probably get a new one.

There are plenty of twisty sticks out there that aren't expensive.

As for the controls that I can't or don't put on my joystick, I just leave the default keys mapped on the keyboard and memorize them.

4. Der SchattenJager

Der SchattenJager Kupo, asshat.

You'll probably want a HOTAS setup. I have a Saitek X-52 and it's ftw. The throttle has a lot of buttons on and around it. The system has a total of about 18 buttons and 3 hat switches. It also has a thumbstick on the throttle to use the mouse in-game. Comes in handy especially with F4 to select control panel items if you don't feel like memorizing the keyboard commands.

Falcon 4: Allied Assault is still my main sim. Been playing it for about 6 years now. The dynamic campaign is still pretty awesome. I hope they come out with a new version.