MMA So do you fuckers finally understand why i hate the ufc for demanding exclusivity?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by adrenalin112, Oct 12, 2007.

1. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

:squint:

1. mma is an individual combat sport, yet the ufc tries to act like they are the nfl.
    -In the nfl you know what where you stand in regards to getting a shot at the championship.
    -the league front office does not hold you back from a chance at the title because youre not exciting enough to market. (i.e. patriots back to back)
    -it seems they take all of the negative aspects of the huge american team sports without absorbing the positve. releasing players, benching them for the balance of the year rather than trading them to where they could see some action. at least if youre sitting on the sidelines in the nfl you still get paid.

2. zuffa wants to take over the world and be the 'only game in town'. They think they as the organization and promoter are bigger than the sport.
    -Unfortunately boxing has corruption among the promoting ranks. However, the bright spot is that the organizations/federations (with the exception of ibf) do not make their belt or affiliation be a burden to you. Youre free to defend your title and fight whoever, whereever, and whenever you want.

:bowdown: to fedor, randy, and kang for telling them to :fawk: themselves.

2. I've been hating on UFC since day one.

3. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

:wiggle:
    feels good to be right.

4. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

They still have the best fighters in the game.

5. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

While I still think from a business stand point exclusivity makes the most sense, i think you are right that in a practical situation it doesnt work as well as you would think, and if played well (providing best production quality, pay, coverage, health, etc) it would have the results of exclusivity with less bullshit and problems and create a better and more desirable environment for fighters.

the risk of not being exclusive is very much showing to be less than the risk of exclusivity which I never saw coming.

i'm an idiot :(

6. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

business wise for the ufc/zuffa, exclusivity is them having their cake and eating it too.
    right now they do have the best talent pools.
    best fighters? thats debatable.

yamamoto

155/160
    gil melendez
    gomi
    diaz
    jz
    shaolin

jake shields

kang
    lindland

soko
    arona

heavy
    :mamoru:

but exclusivity is not whats best for the fans and its fighters. the only reasons fighters fight for besides money, is for the challange of being tested against their best possible competition and to be in front of their fans/country.

chuck may very likely never see the belt again. and alot of other top shelf but not elite level fighters wont ever own the belt, but they dont give a shit. all they want is to be able to make a living off doing what they love to do. to them, its possible that the belt is nothing more than leather and metal.

of course everything isnt going to change overnight, but hopefully this motivates other top level fighters to follow suit to stand up for themselves. poor arlovski is being left out of the title picture because he only has 1 fight left on his contract.
    so, we're stuck with nog, vera, kongo, & tim battling it out for the title.

dana: andrei youre on of our top 2 heavys
    andrei: yes, pitbull fight for title
    dana: not until you sign this contract. i give you one bottle of vodka and a cow, you give me 2 more years.
    andrei: let pitbull fight first then focus on contracts.
    dana: if you want to be a fucking ultimate fighter you have to sign this first.
    andrei: :ugh:

7. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

I can understand wanting to protect a multi million dollar investment.

8. itr452

itr452 VTEC motherfucker, GOT ANY?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    hahahahahhah i hardly laugh out loud, but that faux dialogue is so fukin real it makes baby jesus cry. thanks for the laughs nig!

9. CallSecurityNow

CallSecurityNow OT Supporter

:werd:

10. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

I think it would be great to see the UFC turned into a type of team sport. Not IFL with the team scoring and all; but set up 15 or so teams give them a roster of a dozen or so guys, and allow them to host fights in their hometown.

That way, each team would be responsible for paying it's "players," and there would be competition between all teams to get the stars playing for them.

You could even set up some sort of championship somehow :dunno:

11. phuree

phuree New Member

So you're saying.....turn it into the IFL.....

12. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

Yeah that would not be anything like the IFL, what with the hometown teams, with pools of fighters going at it.

The UFC has the lock on the WW division and the LHW division. There is no 145 division, the 185 division looks like an internet fight, and the HW division is now so thoroughly fucked it makes no difference.

It won't matter though, the dude who watches Ultimate Fighting at the Buffalo Wild Wings could give a shit less about some "russian dude." They'll forget about Randy when Chuck knocks out some can in his next fight.

13. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

because of randy, now even mainstream radio hosts are blasting the ufc for the fighters salaries. its lookin good for the fighters...

14. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

theyre making money on both sides of the coin. its ridiculous.
    they're trying to be the promoter & the sanctioning organization.

in no way are they staying impartial, the only other "sport" that has more control over who is champ is the WWE.

if they were impartial karo, diaz, and lindland would have had title shots.
    quarry would not have stepped in the ring with franklin.
    we would see 4 man "tournaments" for titles.
    rather the ufc chooses to play soap opera with its fans and create Bad Blood to sell a hyped up ppv.

15. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

NO.

IF the ufc wants to keep exclusivity...
    this is what you do.
    you begin a season (9 months, 12 months, maybe even 18)
    you select 8, 16 whatever amount of fighters for each weight class.
    over the course of the year, you have them round robin or tourney their way to the title.

as the fighters lose get knocked out of the tourney, they can either have consolation matches or can be setup in grudge matches that fans want ot see.
    whoever finishes at the bottom gets released at the end of the year and new fighters get brought in by either tuf or whatever other source they choose.

16. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

alot of fighters have been hinting and getting pissed at what they have been doing for a long time look at ken shamrock. he has openly said that he will never fight in the ufc again because he doesnt like the direction its going and where they are trying to take the sport. Alot of the pride guys didnt even want to come over because they knew what the ufc was about