MIL So do most NCO's hide behind their rank?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RoblesGT, Sep 27, 2005.

1. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

I see many NCO's act all fucking tough n shit with troops. Then when these troops bark back and call them out, they hide behind the rank and shit so they dont get their asses whooped ... :squint:

I hate that shit. I wish one of them would once take me up on my offers to take chevrons off and go out back ... :mad:

2. Darky

Darky New Member

Not the good NCOs. Besides, who the hell are you? You joined the military knowing that there'd be people over you and you agreed to obey them. Quit actin all tough and just accept that until you pick up more rank you have to listen to what they say.

3. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

I think at or around when they're e-5 and and e-6 they'll do it (not all the time), but once they're senior nco they usually don't have to.

4. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

:werd:
    i dont like everyone iv served under them
    but you gotta do what you gotta do
    youll understand when you have some young punk under your command who second guesses everything you tell them to do.
    Yea some ppl abuse their power, but theres channels to take that through other than being a bitch and challenging him to fisticuffs :greddy:

5. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Take you up on your offer. :rofl: An NCO would have to be an idiot to even consider fighting anyone in the military, much less junior enlisted.

6. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

:hsugh:

7. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

RoblesGT, here is your answer. Try to think of it from their perspective for a second.

8. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

bet you wouldnt call out an E 7-9

9. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code).

remember that?

10. hooahrcr

hooahrcr Chris_Hearn

nuck if you buck robles

11. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

qft

Easiest way to NOT be an NCO any longer is to get in a fight with someone under you.

12. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

i love it how when someone makes their E-5, they're suddenly the next jesus christ, and they can do no wrong.

At least thats how it is in the army. :ugh:

13. carpet muncher

carpet muncher New Member

you and your "feelings" aren't worth their career. nobody gives a shit what you think (I'm being honest...not an ass)

14. Zee

Zee New Member

15. evan2

evan2 Guest

I have no one under me, my squadron consists of 9 people one being the major........
    im the only one in my shop... so 3 years ill waste as an nco having no troops under me though at Eglin as an e4 i had people under me just couldnt rate them.

but you know I used to be like you though I never tried to fight any one but always called them on shit, always said oh thats a stupid way to do this but never had a solution
    though a few times i did he wouldnt listen but i understand because we didnt have the best past together

i was gonig to get out because of a dick head boss.. then i got tony as a boss a cross trainer tech over the e5 i had

and was a life savior, he empowered me (which is something you will learn about in als haha)
    to run the shop since i was highest ranked of the amn at the time and he was new to the AFSC
    he listened to what I thought and explained why we couldnt do certain things my way and why things were the way they were

he taught me a lot about being in charge... i remember one time I said hey sgt B today I need you to be my boss becuase I needed him to fight something up the chain for me.. he did and it worked

too bad hes going to retire soon becuase we need more peoplein the military like him, this i sthe reason I stayed in... and hope to be half the nco he was one day

but yea... idk what i just said

16. RoblesGT

I'm not referring to the good NCO's ... there are few of those that I respect and will do whatever, no matter what, no questions asked. Its the ones that abuse their power and straight up disrespect troops in public for stupid shit, calling them shit bags, getting in their faces for miniscule shit, screaming when there is no need and causing a scene for the mere attention. Those Cpls and Sgts are the ones I'm talking about.

Most are boot Cpls that just picked up but some are not.

If I ever fight one of them, I wont tell anyone about that shit though. Only way anyone else would find out is if they said anything.

I should have joined up years ago right after my brother... :hsd:

I'm also older than most of them and that has never really been a problem. I've held several leadership positions outside the USMC and that is probably why I question their leadership tactics so fucking much ... :squint:

17. evan2

evan2 Guest

well ncos like that are just stupid and all you need to do is point out what they are doing to the person above them in the chain and keep going until its solved
    this is whata first sgt is there for
    but always go up the chain first..

you should already know this though.. a good nco should never say anything bad to a troop in front of others or public..

thats a big no no, you pull them aside... rule 1 duh

ive had some ncos like that.. when i was a Sra in saudi during the war I got a little cocky with a e6 once because well he was being a stupid prick
    all I did was state a fact and he came down to my office full of e5s from the marines, af and army.. (it was a joint affair)
    all saying im a tsgt blah blah blah i just sat there becuase i knew it was wrong and didnt say shit
    kinda ignored him

not one of my e5s stood up and said shit.. granted i was the only e4 in there i was held above them becuase of my job and time i spent there

so my capt who was in charge of the office hears this walks over and kindly asks him to go outside.. now the walls are thin and i heard him rip into saying wtf is wrong with you.. you are right around countless offices of 06s, (funny thing is all the commanders around loved me) he is like you should know better then to go off in public like that

sent him away came in the office and said evan go sit by my desk..
    im like ok

he slams the door and u hear him like how come none of you stood up and told this guy to chill to protect evan.. yall should know better at ncos.. and walked off then told me it was ok and what happened

that was all.

18. RoblesGT

full size of your av

19. evan2

evan2 Guest

no but its this girl ashley i know from this florida forum.. the forum is being sold so its down
    i saved the pic to make it but then saved over the old one

i made it on this one forum as a joke since she returned to the forum after she left all pissy months ago.. they didnt like it so i was like pfft every forum im on is getting it

20. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Yeah, I agree. Nothing shows how incabable an NCO is to lead his people more than belittling his men in public for no reason. That just screams out immaturity.

21. hooahrcr

hooahrcr Chris_Hearn

There are good and bad ncos wherever you good just do your best

22. PlayingGod

PlayingGod New Member

I've seen an E-6 say "Do you want to take our bdu tops off and go out back? I'll be David and you'll be Allen and we will settle this."
    He used to be a squad leader in my platoon, best NCO i've ever met.

23. hooahrcr

hooahrcr Chris_Hearn

our CO did that right after he took command

24. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

That's not being a good NCO.

25. Accord

Accord New Member

When they say officers, are they talking about NCO's too?