A&P so did the contest fail because

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by The_Eagle_Has_Landed, Oct 1, 2005.

1. The_Eagle_Has_Landed

The_Eagle_Has_Landed New Member

the theme sucked, nobody liked the way it was setup, or nobody gave a shit about the contest?

2. CRC

CRC New Member

the setup. And the fact nobody started it off. If I saw someone's pic, I could think "I can do better than that" then go out and do better :dunno:

3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

I don't like the setup. someone (no names) said all he heard was whining but sorry, its not going to go well until its setup right.

4. in my opinion, maybe the assigment was too broad/difficult.

There are only a few really good photographers on here, (not me:o) but they are the only ones that would probably do good in the contest.

I think maybe we should start off with a simpler topic that EVERYONE can understand and get into.

Cars for example.... Anyone can take a picture of a car. or Pets or something along that line. That would encourage more people to post. Once there are alot of posts rolling in for the competition the momentium will pick up then we can do more abstract assigments like "signs".

By the way I still never setup my "signs" shot. I'll just tell everyone what my idea was since my buddy has my tripod anyways...

I was going to have the background as a hospital setting with a white girl laying in the hospital bed holding a black baby... Then there was going to be a white guy standing next to a black guy with a :mad: look on his face.....

:mamoru:

5. mucky

mucky .

Who wants to volunteer for the second try then? :sad2:

I had an idea in mind what to shoot, but didn't have time to go out.

6. The_Eagle_Has_Landed

The_Eagle_Has_Landed New Member

i will volunteer to set up the next contest, i will post all the rules and subject later.

7. mucky

mucky .

Any other volunteers?

8. you'd be a fool to not take my suggestion into consideration. :hs: