So did I crash and burn or did I miss something?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by the_anti_honda, Apr 2, 2005.

1. the_anti_honda

the_anti_honda Well-Known Member

finally worked up the courage to ask out the girl at the grocery store, she always talked to me a lot (much more than she ever did to other people i've noticed) and always inquired about me. Always waved at me first before i noticed her, talked about school, work, etc. good eye contact, smile, etc.

but today, she had her hair down, i told her she looked nice with it down, and asked her if she was going out on a date, she said just with some friends, then i was like "so, do you have a b/f" she kind of just didnt say anything for a minute, then said "sort of" pause...."more yes than no". then she just looked at me in the face for a while, silence.

so, repulsed by me, or am i missing shit.

2. Repost

Repost PENCIL DICK

You need to get a clear "in the know" of whether she has a boyfriend, if not, get in there mang, she wants you.

3. the_anti_honda

i definately want to hit it, but i want to know if she's g/f material too.

4. audrey

audrey New Member

Sort of!! WTF!

If she can't be faithfull to her 'sort of' boyfriend enough to tell you the truth maybe you don't even want to go there.

5. the_anti_honda

what i was thinking also....but shes so my type :(

6. Brooklyn

Brooklyn New Member

i think "looks nice" and being able to hold conversations = everyones' type.
    don't mess with her, if she can't be upfront with you about a bf then she won't be upfront with you if you go out with her.

7. Repost

Repost PENCIL DICK

Buy guys, when she said "sort of" she might not of been reffering to a boyfriend, but the original poster (if she was looking into his eyes etc/ when saying it).

Just another idea :p

8. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Maybe she is in an open relationship with someone and wasn't sure whether or not she should say she has a bf because she might like you. If this is the case, she chose to tell you that she sort of does as a middle road, so that you might make further advances towards her and not be completely discouraged and she can make up her mind if she wants to be with you over this guy she is "sort of" with. Other scenario, which may be more likely, is that she was surprised and kind of made it up on the spot, but obviously was not very confident about it, so as not to lead you on because she is not interested. It's a way for her to show you she is not interested and at the same time, not have to directly turn you down for a date. I guess I would try one more time, this time actually asking her out on a date or her number or something. Maybe something like "so, would your 'more yes than no' boyfriend mind if we went out sometime?" That probably sounds lame, but you get the idea.

9. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

just see what sup with her. or here's a novel idea ask her "what do you mean, sort of?" and then you'll know...

and btw, yea i was thinking tha tmaybe she was talking about the poster. it's possible, but i doubt it. i'm sure she's in a relationship that she either wants out of, or "sort of" is out of but not officialy.

10. calliz

calliz New Member

She's probably dating and she's stuck in the gray area with the other guy. She doesn't know if she's supposed to be seeing other people or if it's going to be serious.

I feel guilty seeing other girls even though I know no ground-rules have been established and from you talking to her regularly, she seems like a pretty bright and consistent person.

You just caught her at a bad time.

For insurance, I'd strongly suggest bringing things back to a friendly level with her and learning more about her before trying to escalate things again.

11. I Pwn Noobs

I Pwn Noobs Guest

she does have a bf. but she didn't want to tell you because she likes you. so that's why she said "sort of", because she doesn't want you to think that she is off limits for you.