MMA So bein sick pretty much took care of my cut

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Mejnoon, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

Last tuesday pre-workout I weighed 149. I got sick with a sinus infection then a cold on top of it, barely ate for like a week. I weighed myself this morning, ~140.5...not exactly the ideal way to do it but whatever. Another 4.5lbs is nothing, water...I'm a little concerned that I lost some muscle, but I did a weight workout yesterday and didn't feel any weaker. Plus I know I'm still a lot stronger than my opponent:bigthumb:

After this fight I'm bulking...I wanna get to ~160 walking weight, fight at 145. 135 is just too skinny for me.

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

you might gain a good deal of it back from water consumption.... often times when i get sick and don't eat, i also don't drink anything and consequently get dehydrated... but yeah I'd say a pound a day of weight loss wouldn't be any big surprise,a nd you can count on it being mostly muscle, unfortunately.

3. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I had the stomach flu for 3 days and lost over 10lbs... Granted, it only took me like 2 weeks to get it back... I was so happy to be able to eat w/out hurling it back up, that I ate like a super pig for several days as soon as I got better...

4. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. I used to train with him, and one of my good friends was the wrestling coach at his gym until last week. He's rolled extensively with both of us, recently, and he says theres no comparison:dunno:

5. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Guest

you must be a shrimp.

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

a shrimp who, without a doubt, could tear you to pieces in a matter of seconds :mamoru:

7. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

mejnoon whats your training background?"

8. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

Came from a wrestling background. Started mma specific training ~1.5 years ago...kickboxing and nogi grappling with transitions/takedowns. Trained with the school my opponent trains at until about 6-8 months ago, the last few months my current trainer worked there. I've improved my game tremendously since training with him...tightened everything up and really started implementing what works for me. He's also brought my strength/conditioning to another level.

9. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Guest

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::fawk: fucking faggot. lets see your pic bitch since you bash me all the time, cmon you pussy.

10. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Guest

oh saying 5'5-5'6 is pretty fucking short, my guess is what this guy is about that tall.

11. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

5'9"

12. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

who are you to be talking shit about people who train :hsugh:?

your some scrawny asian kid who fought some OTer once :hsughno:

13. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

14. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Damn, you must be tiny man. Good luck with the fight.

15. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

Well, I was stronger, you can see that from the tape. And he didn't KO me he TKO'd me...I was on my feet and conscious just taking unanswered blows.