So apperently someone wants to remake Escape from New York. :ugh:

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Grouch, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Grouch

Grouch Guest

IMDB has gotten a lot gayer with it's IMDB pro bull shit.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0984981/

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/03/15/new-line-to-remake-escape-from-new-york/

New Line Cinema has won the bidding war for the Escape from New York remake starring Gerard Butler (300) which we told you about a couple days back.

Butler will play Snake Plissken, the one-eyed convict who must rescue the President of the United States from an inescapable maximum security prison formerly known as Manhattan. The film was set in a dystopian then-future 1997. Kurt Russell played the role in the original movie.

Black Hawk Down screenwriter Ken Nolan is attached to write the screenplay. John Carpenter will server as one of the executive producers. No director is attached but I would assume that producer Neal Moritz would probably bring in someone he’s worked with before. Let’s hope it’s not Rob Cohen (xXx). What about Constantine director Francis Lawrence? Too bad Michael Bay is too busy with other projects.

2. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

not interested, fuck gerard butler - how the hell do you have snake plissken without Kurt Russell? Screw that, I sure won't be watching it!

3. korrupshun

korrupshun New Member

only interested if kurt russel returns to play snake, AND ends up whining and crying like he did in deathproof....comedy gold

4. Music Nazi

Music Nazi Guest

yeah, they already did this with escape from L.A.

why make the same movie 3 fucking times?

kurt russell/john carpenter > any homos they find to be a part of this movie.

5. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

This sucks...one of my favorite movies, sad day

6. nosaj

nosaj OT Supporter

they want the guy from 300 to play snake. Kurt already said snake is pure american and should be played by one.

7. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I heard it was going to be a prequel of Escape From New York.

I am more upset that Rob Zombie is remaking Halloween.

8. Grouch

Grouch Guest

A prequel might be cool. But an american needs to play Snake if it's done. If it's made in any fashsion I'll be seeing it though.

I can't wait for Rob Zombies remake to Halloween, every other movie he's made has been shit but I still have high hopes for this. I'm still bitter he never made the squel to The Crow. But it's probably for the better that he didnt