GUN So anvil arms has stripped ar lowers for $100

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pineapple Devil, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

and i think that includes free laser ingraving

anvilarms.com

2. Trlstyle

Trlstyle New Member

I just saw them at the gun show this past weekend. Semi local, and had AWESOME prices at the show. I know the stripped lowers were under $100 but i cant remember how much.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I'll probably pick one up to have something engraved on it that will make my ffl look at me suspicious when I have it transferred

maybe
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

4. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

the owner of aa posts on the highroad. my friend is going to ask about a group buy and he said he thought aa mentioned something about including a lpk :eek3:

5. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

:noes::x:

6. Supernaut

Supernaut New Member

Hmmm, what to get engraved? Tough choice.

7. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

yeah thats my problem too

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

9. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I saw that, hell of a better deal than Spike's tactical, last time I emailed him about doing custom laser engraving I was told that it would basically cost 75 bucks to format the image (anvil refers to a web site that will do it for half that, if you do not want to do the image editing yourself) and then spikes also told me it would be another 75 to setup the machine for a custom run, after that it was 5 bucks a pop.

I've googled them and looked over and around at all the major forums and there seem to be little or no complaints about them, but then again the over does post on most of the major forums. Has anyone heard anything bad about them?

I send one email to their sales email saturday at 4 PM and go a reply sunday at 8 AM (I wasn't really expecting anything until monday honestly) so I am impressed by customer service so far, though I simply emailed to ask about specific images they have on file already, but they don't have what I was looking for.

Now all that is left is decisions. For example is it really worth saving 20-30 bucks for me to buy a parts kit and stock and installing them myself? (Other than as an excuse to spend more money and buy more tools?) Where the money is going to come from? Finally what upper do I want? I'm leaning towards a flattop, varmint type gun, but I'd like to stick with iron sights, os it looks like I can buy a 20-24" and them have to buy sights as well or for a varmint style or I can buy a standard old AR.

Now that I've done my jaw jacking I'll include an image of what I am thinking about for engraving.

[​IMG]

Its a family crest meaning "do not forget" or "Never Forget"

10. Keesh

Keesh New Member

DWI, that seems like a lot for a set up fee for laser engraving, places around here are only about $25-30 and then $2 or $3 for each one after. You may check around your area for other laser engravers...

That's a pretty badass crest too.

11. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I almost want to jack it for my own use :big grin:

Anyone know if there are people doing engraving on FAL uppers?

12. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Yeah spike was over priced, but anvil seems like a good deal, free engraving for any image as long as they have it or you give it to them in the correct format and the website they recommend for the graphics work is like 30-40 bucks to convert it and clean it up (plus they do this work for Anvil customers so they know what is looked for) I'll probably be picking one up in the next month or two.

As for the crest thanks, actually most Scottish family crests happen to be pretty cool looking, I just happen to be a Graham and that happens to be our crest. I just found a a color image of the crest and quickly converted it to see if I would like it in the colors it would turn out in on an AR (you can still see the shadows that need to be corrected, like the behind the tail or grey shots in the buckle

13. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

any good place to look for family crests? all the ones I look at are like "Yes, we have your crest, but you are going to have to pay to see it"

fuck that noise :o

doh, wikipedia ftw.

middle name:

[​IMG]

Grrr, there are a shitton of different ones for my last name though, and wiki wasn't any help.

14. H.P.

H.P. Guest

tempting, but I are broked :wtc:

15. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

for graham there are a couple different setup at least as far as the plaid goes, and it depends where in scotland the family was, which requires some family history. Luckily one of my aunts (by marriage not blood) did a family history, so I have a starting point.

I don't know what family you are, but be careful there is a crest or badge and there is a coat of arms. In the Graham Clan there is one coat of arms that can only be used by the Duke of Montrose or to signal is presence, then there are coats of arms that have been issued to certain members of the clan and finally there is the badge which takes something out of the duke's coat of arms and makes into into the crest.

As for good places I'm not sure, I know my family and just do a google image search for graham family crest, you can try doing it that way. I can also search for "Ne Oublie" and graham.

Finding a large enough copy of the image is the difficult task for me.

16. H.P.

H.P. Guest

No crest for my last name :wtc:

17. Jinkle

Jinkle Habs/Vikings > *

What sites are you using?

Anyone have a clean "Peace through superior firepower" graphic?

18. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

to find that one I just used wiki. Dunno any place that really is good :dunno:

might be able to edit this one: http://www.shopmetrospy.com/cNcgraphics/Product_183_PrSpare2.jpg

or maybe http://chrisabraham.com/peace-through-superior-firepower.jpg
    or
    http://www.teamdeviant.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10029/normal_A-10_-_46.jpg
    or just ask the guys at lifelibertyetc for a copy of the image they use :dunno:

19. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

The peace through superior firepower lower would be cool.

20. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou