MMA So AKA no longer welcome in UFC?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by teep, Nov 20, 2008.

1. teep

teep New Member

from sherdog:

In an interview with Yahoo Sports on Wednesday, White said the UFC would no longer do business with the American Kickboxing Academy, Fitch’s San Jose-based fight team.

“We’re looking for guys who want to work with us and not against us, and frankly I’m just so [expletive] sick of this [expletive] it’s not even funny,” White told Yahoo Sports. “Affliction is still out there trying to build its company. Let [Fitch] go work with them. Let him see what he thinks of those [expletives]. [Expletive] him. These guys aren’t partners with us. [Expletive] them. All of them, every last [expletive] one of them.”

what happens to koscheck and cain valasquez? :noes:

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

3. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Dana is just a fucking douche

4. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

5. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

Just as I was really starting to like and respect Dana...

That was a bullshit contract he tried to push on Fitch, and terribly unprofessional.

I'm not the biggest AKA fan, but no one can deny that they are a premier team. Losing Fitch, Kos, and Swick in the UFC WW is a big deal. Not to mention Cain.

6. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

Dana is such a dickhead... I mean seriously... Would you for free, sign away the rights to your likeness for LIFE??

7. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Dana >*

8. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

more or less repost, and Swick apparently is staying in the UFC.

9. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

what was in the contract?

I am curious as to why out of ALL of the fighters, ONLY aka found it to be a bad deal. In just hearing from them, it sounds like a bad idea, but if no one else so much as even raised up public eyebrow to it, it leaves me wondering what was so bad.

10. prophit

prophit OT Supporter

Apparently it was exclusive lifetime rights to their likeness for the upcoming THQ video game. Zuffa appears to have already promised those rights to THQ and thinks this is the way to get it done. :dunno:

I can fully understand not signing away exclusivity for your lifetime. It doesn't seem like they're even offering compensation.

11. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

i agree with dana on this, he's promoting the sport and helping these guys make money. He said if fitch becomes some big time star in another organization that they wouldn't use him in future games, he says that would be just fucking stupid

12. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

still fucked up though kicking out an entire team. Just negotiate with them instead

13. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Sounds like it was not a good deal for anyone who could sign their own video game deal. I could see someone like GSP getting his own brand like Tony Hawk, but Fitch, he knew he didnt have any future revenues from gaming, and made a business decision on emotion.

imo, Dana is a bi-polar scumbag / hero of MMA. If affliction stays afloat and Dana keeps pulling this shit, we might see a mass exodus.

14. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I agree, but what if he becomes a massive star elsewhere, then he doesnt own his own video game rights and couldnt be in a game. If I was fitch I would have signed, as we have all seen how active other fighters in other orgs are.

15. Sylva

Sylva New Member

B/c it really wasn't that bad at all, not even the real issue.

16. prophit

prophit OT Supporter

Perhaps, but what do you think the chances are they'll let the other promotion use his likeness if they decide to put out their own video game? :hsd:

edit: read the comment above mine, who knows wtf is up. :dunno:

17. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

what are the chances of another org making a video game?

18. prophit

prophit OT Supporter

I would say the chances of another org getting together with a major publisher are actually pretty good. The Pride video game was better than the last UFC iteration.

19. dragomungus

dragomungus New Member

You're with him or against him. No gray space.

You treat him right, he treats you better.

Fuck him, mother fuck you.

20. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

just read it its crazy

21. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

on the upside I would love to see fitch in affliction. The UFC has been dicking him around for years. He had to destroy the whole ww division and leave them with no other choice before he was finally able to get a title shot. I think he will do better outside the UFC now. He can make more money with affliction fight jay at ww and then take the wamma 170 title.

22. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Apparently the other school Dana mentioned is ATT

Looking Like ATT is Next On The UFC Chopping Block

Posted: 14 minutes ago

The "OTHER CAMP" Dana is talking about is ATT, According to a few of my sources and Greg Savage, they have been urging their fighters not to sign the deal either. Thats why you have yet to see an ATT or AKA fighter in the video game pics, the behind the scenes UFC footage of fighters getting scanned or anything else regarding the game.

was it a coincidence that Marcus Aurellio was cut at the same time as fitch and the rest?

if This is true, say goodbye to Thiago Silva, Alves and much much more

Audio: UFC's Dana White loses it during Sacramento radio interview
    By Zach Arnold | November 20, 2008

In a USA Today interview, White is back at it attacking 'agents' in the business:

"And you know what? This is more than just AKA. There's other camps out there that we're having trouble doing business with. And at the end of the day, this is a business. We run a business just like any other business. You come in, you do your job with your company and you get paid.

And the guys that don't want to do business with you — then go work somewhere else. It's as easy as that. You don't have to do business with us. There's other people out there you can do it with."

23. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

Jesus, cutting both AKA and ATT? Those are some of the most talented fighters the UFC has...

I thought the contract was a bit of a raw deal because by the sounds of Fitch's statement it came very quickly and they were pressuring a decision. This may not be the truth, but it's all we know. Having a day to decide your likeness rights for a lifetime contract? That's not professional at all.

Dana could be shooting himself in the foot over this. It is business, it's all about compromise. Everyone doesn't get exactly what they want.

24. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

dana has brock lesnar as a heavyweight champ, he could care less about any other fighters and their fanbase right now

25. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

WAR DANA