So after 6 months of straight up abusing my body, i'm going to start lifting again

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Accord, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accord

Accord New Member

My body has been so broken down and just straight up abused over these past 6 months, humps in the Marine Corps fucking suck and will push you beyond your breaking point mentally and physically. God I fucking hate humping, soreness after a tough leg day in the gym is nothing like the soreness you get the day after a hump.

"Yeah, I really feel it today in my legs, the muscle is rebuilding itself bigger and stronger!" = what you say after a tough day in the gym.

"Oh my fucking god I just took 12 years off my life" = what you say after a hump.

Well anyways, now that i'm a regular Marine and not a fucking recruit or a "student" at SOI, I get nights off now (sometimes) and can finally start going to the gym on base here at Lejeune. I went to the gym on base for the first time in 7+ months last night and it felt so good to be back there. It was the first time in a long fucking time that I felt "the pump" in my muscles, it felt so good, I felt the same way I did when I fucked for the first time after saving up my boys for 3 months at boot.

They have these crazy drinks at the smoothie bar with 65g of protein, I got one and took the largest shit of my life.

After eating MRE's and garbage at the chow hall for the past 6 months, it's tough to get back into the 5 meals a day routine eating chicken breast, tuna, etc. and it's going to be especially tough since i'm infantry and a lot of days i'll only have time to eat 1 meal at night. So what are the best protein bars or some shit I can carry on me that is fast but gives me the nutrition and protein that I need? Protein shakes and whatnot are out of the question, i'm pretty limited to protein bars.

2. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

I like the taste of the Met-Rx Colossal bars.

3. nitak

nitak New Member

just try to eat as much as you can (carbs). It seems like it will be pretty hard to maintain a 5-6meal diet, if your deployed or always in the field training.

4. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Good luck man, kick some ass and build some body armor. :cool:

5. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

good luck.

6. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

wtf is humped? :dunno:

7. Ore

Ore OT Supporter

explanation on hump?

8. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

My humps, my lovely little lumps CHECK IT OUT!

9. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

hump = long hike with full gear

damnit man, haven't you ever seen a military movie?

10. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

Never called it a hump (or heard it being called a hump) in 4 years of Army service.

[though I did know what he was talking about]

11. Accord

Accord New Member

You know the Ronnie Coleman video of him going around the parking lot with the 225 pound barball doing lunges? Well try doing that for 20 miles at a 4mph pace and you've kind of got the same concept.

12. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

You are walking around with a M2 .50 cal, the stand, your ruck, and about 1500 rounds of ammo? Otherwise, more like 65lb ruck & 8lb of M16 + rounds [except if you are a stinger MANPADS unit where you would have a 45lb missile added on or other specialized jobs like commo, etc.]. You should give the Bataan death march in New Mexico a try (go military heavy...civilian light is only for those who enjoy marathons). It is only tough if you are on a team though [getting all your teammates through that hellish march].

13. Accord

Accord New Member

:rofl: I fucking wish.

Our MOLLE packs average about 100 pounds + flak with e-sappi plates + M16A4 + asston of ammo + kevlar + a lot of other shit + 17 pound SMAW + 2 HEDP rockets which weight 20 pounds each + satchel charge + other misc. explosives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.