SRS So, after 3 yrs...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 05s4, Jan 2, 2007.

1. 05s4

05s4 Active Member

My girlfriend broke up with me last night. I really don't know what to think. We just came back from a trip for new years, everything was fine. She kept talking about marriage like she always did, kept telling me she loved me etc etc, and now says she's "unhappy". She did this about an hr after we got home from our trip. I just can't make sense of it...:wtc:

2. keleko

keleko yes, he is

rape, spit, kill, pics, host, post

you know the drill

3. keleko

keleko yes, he is

but srsly - you didn't see ANYTHING coming? no hints at all?

4. 05s4

05s4 Active Member

What was your last fight about? - i took her away for 4 days to orlanod for new years, we couldnt get into the magic kingdom because it was alreayd full, and she blamed me because i slept a little too late, however i did call every hour, and we did eventually get to go, that same night all she talked about was how much she loved me, and about how when weh ave kids we have to go there yatta yatta

Do you have a "recurring" fight that keeps coming up in the relationship? - none that i can think of honestly

Has your relationship changed at all since you started going out? - if anything i felt as if she had gotten into that comfort zone, i was pretty much all she thought about, we saw each other every time we didn't work. she put on a little bit of weight over 3 yrs, but nothing major

Anything going on in her family? - not that i know of. her family all loves me, they were pretyt devastated

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Did you two live together?? It's possible she wanted you to raise the level of commitment, either by moving in or proposing or something.

6. 05s4

05s4 Active Member

no, she was still in school and living at home, she moved back down here from orlando to be with me, living together/proposing was in the future and she was ok with that, i dont think that was it

i did e-mail one of her best friends to get some better insight on it, hopefully she'll have some answers

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

People who abandon you on memorial days like valentines day, your birthday or new years day are pieces of shit who aren't even worth acking your heart over. Who would leave on an important day where you are expecting to share an extra good time together and celebrate an occassion? So the kind of people who do this, do this because they know it would hit extra hard. And because of this you know she was already planning this while she kept you a little longer on her fishing line by saying things you wanted to hear, like i love you , while in reality she had this break up planned out. You need to glad that a kind of person like this is OUT of your life. No regrets about nothing, that woman is just nuts. She probably was seeing someone else.

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Very true. The whole "I didn't want to ruin his/her holiday" sentiment is BS. Like it's not going to hurt just as much on a normal day? Plus, in a way, if she went with him for a New Years trip, but was already planning on ending it, she was taking advantage of him.

What did you guys do for New Year's anyway?

9. Megab

Megab OT's CPhT

sorry to hear :hug:
    im not a great advice giver, so I'll just say that
    i hope everything works out for you two. :hs:

10. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Don't worry any act of love or encouragement is greatly appreciated. :wavey:

12. Martinj

Martinj New Member

Damn, so sorry to hear that man

13. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Are you sure something didn't happen that maybe you're forgetting? Her just breaking up with you out of nowhere doesn't make much sense.

14. 05s4

05s4 Active Member

she had been wanting to go away for a while so i booked a 4 day/3 night trip to orlando. we stayed in a suite at the hard rock, relaxed, and on new years eve went to the magic kingdom to watch the fireworks

15. 05s4

05s4 Active Member

i've been sitting around all day going back over things, and there's nothing that would've pointed to this which is why it hurts more than i would've expected. her family loves me, we had great times together, never really fought, everything was good.. maybe too good, i dunno what to think anymore

16. big 1

big 1 New Member

hm....im sorry for your loss, but there is obviously something that she wasnt telling you, which logically means that for some reason she felt like she couldnt communicate this will you, which also means that you had poor communication, which also means that this is why she possibly didnt feel CONNECTED with you anymore........just my 2 cents from a female perspective...theres something youre missing that she just didnt bother to tell u...girls dont just dump their bfs for no reason

17. Crush

Crush Epidural hematoma up in this bitch

Tell her "I can't read your mind, but something is obviously bothering you, please tell me what it is so we can work on it."

From my experience, women usually telegraph the break-up like its Fed-Ex ground.

18. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

Damn, thats harsh. I hope you get some answers about this soon. Just seems so strange she'd do that out of the blue by what you've said. :hug:

19. Electric_Church

Electric_Church New Member

great post