So after 2 monthes of not working out...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ReiKo, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReiKo

ReiKo Community Smartass OT Supporter

I use to weight 272lbs... I started working out back in February 5 days a week rotating focuses regularly and watching what I eat of course... Well in June... My eye disease came back(Toxonasplosis for those of you who really want to know)... I was put on immediate medication for treatment... The doctors(all 3) forbidden me to do any working out at all... Not even walking... So now I can finally start working out... Well only problem is I gained all the fucking weight back thanks to the 100mg's a day of Predizone(sp?) I was taking a day... I use to weigh 240ish before I stopped... Now I just weighed myself and I am at 271.2... This really fucking sucks... So my question is what do you guys recommend personally I should do when I go back? Try lifting the same weight I was doing before I left? Or start from scratch again? Also what would you recommend for supplements?

I was thinking of starting off from scratch and taking the supplements I started out with as follows...
    1) CLA 1000(1000mg) 3 times a day...
    2) Amino Acids twice a day taking 3 softgel capsules each serving
    3)Nitric Oxide Maximizer... 4 Capsules before working out and 4 at the end of the day when I am taking the last supplement of Amino
    4)Multi-viatmin 3 capsules... 1 in the morning... 1 before working out, and 1 at night
    5)BTF-X... Two capsules in the morning and 2 before I work out...
    6)Muscle Milk Protien of course... Before I work out and after I work out...

What would you guys suggest?

All help is appreciated since I am really fucking depressed about this and need to hit the gym again STAT... And make up for all the ground I lost...

2. ReiKo

How do you take that then? Bad? Good? Not enough? Too many

3. deznutz

deznutz New Member

:ugh:

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

get a better protein. muscle milk is great but not multiple times per day. pick up some ON Whey from 1fast400.com 47 bucks for 10lbs - amazing taste.

subtract any/all nitic oxide things, not only are the overhyped bullshit, they are also extremely unhealthy (i.e. can be toxic to your body)

cla is a good supplement

dont start back at where you were. obviously you won't be able to lift as much as you could, and doing the same volume that you were doing during normal lifting cycles when you are coming back from a long break will sideline you for a bit with soreness.

you should spend the most amount of time on diet. supplements are great but wont do dogshit if you have a terrible diet.

cliffs:
    - get a normal whey (ON Chocolate www.1fast400.com)
    - stay the fuck away from nitric oxide shit
    - cla is great
    - aminos are great
    - multi vitamins are required
    - muscle milk is fine in small doses
    - Diet, Diet, Diet
    - if you old routine worked, start it up again with less weight and less volume, work your way back into it

good luck

5. jonno

jonno New Member

drop numbers 1 and 3 and save some $$$

6. ReiKo

Thanks man will do....

7. ReiKo

Quick question... Why drop the CLA and Nitric? Any reasoning behind it? I would like to hear the reasons for educational purposes...

Side note... I just nailed the punching bag for 7-10minutes and holy shit am I tired... I use to be able to go 20 all out and hardly break a sweat...:wtc: :wtc:

8. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

i think CLA is fine, just overpriced. if your wallet can handle it, go for it.

there are clinical studies that show nitric ocide boosters can be toxic to your body.

9. ReiKo

:noes: :noes: :noes:

10. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

why would you be taking a protein with fats in it before and after workout?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.