Snow Shoes

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by TheWeasel, Nov 30, 2007.

1. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Got new winter tires for my CL-S. Dunlop Winter Sport M3 215/50HR17
    Getting them installed on Monday. Hope we don't have snow before then.

[​IMG]

2. nuthinbutavthan

nuthinbutavthan New Member

shoulda got blizzaks

3. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Blizzaks don't handle anywhere close to as well as these will. The special compound on Blizzaks is only 50% of the tread. Once that's gone, they're typical all-seasons under that. These M3's are a much better tire for people that will be driving in snow sometimes but on plowed roads most of the time and want lower road noise, better handling, and better overall performance. I've had Blizzaks before and they are crappy for handling.

Dunlop Winter Sport M3
    [​IMG]

Blizzak
    [​IMG]

4. nuthinbutavthan

nuthinbutavthan New Member

so many more total miles reported for a reason

5. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

And that's because they've been around for years longer. Sure Blizzak are great for snow and ice driving but if you live in an area where they plow after the snow fall then the M3's are far superior. Blizzak handle like shit. I've had 2 pair on 3 different cars. They have lots of road noise and they don't last long.

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

No way man, Nokian Hakkapeliitta is the only way to roll.

7. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Got them put on today. These things would hand Blizzaks their ass anywhere other then deep +10" of snow.

8. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Um.

Isn't the point of having snow tires that they get good grip in the snow? Therefore, doesn't that mean you got shitty snow tires?

9. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

These tires handle great in the snow. Blizzaks handle a bit better in deep snow. But by giving up just a little in deep snow traction you gain much better handling, the tires last longer, lower road noise, better dry traction, and more.

10. JDM5LugHatch

JDM5LugHatch New Member

Probably should have gotten a skinnier tire. Other than that I have always been happy with Dunlops. However, I have heard nothing but stellar reviews on Nokians. Regardless these are better than any all season tire.

lol... any new pics of the crazy neighbor walking his cat...