WEB Snapping Up Expired Domains

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by JCrev, Feb 20, 2008.

1. JCrev

JCrev Where is your god now? OT Supporter

There is a domain name that I want that expired a couple days ago. I don't really know much about the process but I've read http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2005/03/how-to-snatch-an-expiring-domain
    and understand that if anyone else is interested in the domain its unlikely I'll be able to snatch it up without using a service that specifically goes after expired domains. But how do I know if anyone else is interested in the domain? Does Godaddy tend to reregister all expired domains so they can resell them themselves? Any insight in dealing with expired domains would be appreciated.

2. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

95% of any TLD that is currently registered will be re-registered before expiry.

There are a couple members here who are really good at nabbing names, they can probably help you out.
    Hopefully with the upcoming changes to ICANN, this shit will stop.

3. maxxpower

Others have had success using Pool.com.

4. CastorTroy

CastorTroy New Member

I've used Pool.com with success every time. Usually the name will be snatched up, if not by a registrar, by other people. Every domain I've let expire was snagged shortly after the drop, always those shitty sites that have links to other stuff. If you try and snag it by hand, you'll have little chance of hitting it around the right time.

5. maxxpower

6. JCrev

JCrev Where is your god now? OT Supporter

Its six days after the expiry date listed on whois so I don't think that they plan on keeping the domain.
    I just signed up for pool.com, hopefully in 69 days I'll have a new domain name.