Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by chizzle, Mar 11, 2006.
Something i can carry around, high protein, mid carb, low fat.
Thinking of protein bars, but dunno.
portable microwave and instant oatmeal
You could buy some protein bars or make your own (making your own is probably more cost efficient)
- Protein car (for obvious reasons)
- Peanuts (not exactly low in fat, but still good for you and high in protein)
- Packet of starkist tuna (tastes good with their flavor options, and if you leave a plastic fork in your car, you can tear open the packet and eat it on the go)
- Smart-Start soy protein Cereal or Kashi Crunch whatever (keep a baggy of it with you. Low fat, high protein. I think each serving is like 2g fat and 14g protein)
- Chicken Pasta Salad (keep some in a plastic container or lunch box cooler. Just grill some chicken, boil some farfalle pasta or penne pasta, throw in some chopped olives, and some low-fat italian dressing. Low in fat, high in protein and good for energy. Just toss it together and keep in the car... Tastes good both room temperature and cold. Just make sure you eat the same day you prepare it since chicken will go bad.)
holy crap wrong thread
peanuts + diet Dr. pepper, lol
then get some fruity flavored whey and mix it with cold water
when chuck noris hears of this you shall die
I've started doing this. Just throw a 3 oz. packet or two in your backpack and a decent fork. Fuck that plastic shit.
You could try those Quaker Oatmeal to Go things, though I'm not sure it's quite what you're looking for. I've only started to alter my diet so I can't be too picky. They're pretty tasty too. The package says microwave for 10 seconds but I haven't tried that yet.
Total Fat 4g
Total Carb. 43g
Edit: That's the brown sugar cinnamon, by the way.
Usually I can only finish off the rear-view mirror but thats like what 100 grams of protein so it's all good.
What I snack on between class.
Rice crackers and tinned tuna or salmon.
Tinned baked beans.
Milk from the refectory.
I have 5 minutes in between classes, they're in the same building, so it's not like I'm driving around. I'm thinking about making those protein bars and giving those a shot.
trail mix, whey, protien bars, nuts