A&P Smugmug help

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ThexToddster, Mar 16, 2009.

1. ThexToddster

ThexToddster New Member

So I use smugmug as my main website gallery. I've been using it for a while but I only have a standard sub.

Here's my question.

So I want to set up another page dedicated to only track photos I take. I go out to local tracks and these kids want their photos. I want to make an online gallery so they can see them, and either buy the prints, or they can tell my what pictures they want, and I can burn them a cd.

I want to know how I can have smugmug number them 1 to how ever many there are as well as add a watermark over every image.

Is this possible and if so, Someone please help me out. This will make my life oooooh so much easier.

Thanks

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

3. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

setup an image as a watermark, then in the gallery options tell it to use it. They offer generic ones as well.

4. ThexToddster

ThexToddster New Member

That's exactly what I want. Do I need the pro account to do it?

List out how to do it? :x:

5. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

If you want to make profit from the images they order, then yes you'll need a pro account. I'd highly recommend it if you sell prints. I love it :bigok:

Also, in order to have a watermark you have to be a "pro" user.

I can help explain it to you tomorrow, right now I'm off to bed, try reading this article in the mean time: http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-watermark-protection

and if you decide to register for a pro account, you can save some money by using my referral code, and I get $10 :bigok:

PTNL30m5QgmTy

6. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

Pro accounts FTW

you can set it up to watermark all your images, as well as set prices to EZPrints and BayPhoto.

Pro Accounts also allow for customization if you know anything about designing your own site...I'm struggling trying to do a little bit here and there and figure shit out with their tutorials. But at least I've got a banner and such up there now. They also let you track how many hits/visits your images have etc.

7. ThexToddster

ThexToddster New Member

Looks like I need to get the pro account. It'll make my life so much easier for selling prints at the MX track.

8. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

you probably can't get the 50% discount on your first year right now since you're already with them...but damn if it's not nice:o

I'm paying less than 75 bucks for my first year:o

Pro accounts also let you have a doman instead of "yournickname.smugmug.com":cool:

9. ThexToddster

ThexToddster New Member

I checked and it would be 60 bucks for this year. I already have http://www.toddstewartphoto.com I just use smugmug as my "ghetto" gallery. :o