sms question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by NCS, Jun 10, 2007.

1. NCS

NCS Active Member

lets say you text a girl and she takes two days to answer. its on, but you know she's timing her responses. do you playfully call her on it (and how) or just keep moving forward?

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

how do you know shes timing it.... rather than seeing it and not responding immediately and forgetting about it for two days? i know, if i dont take the time RIGHT THEN to get back to someone, i forget.

i wouldn't call her out on it, you'll come across stupid/creepy/clingy.

3. Give some back story, I text girls and they respond later than I expect, but then again, whether they respond or not doesn't bother me at all.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Don't call her out. It's pointless too.

5. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

2 days? I hope you went on 2 dates during those 2 days!

6. No, he didn't that's why he's asking. :rofl:

7. NCS

NCS Active Member

actually i dont. until i read this message, i didnt believe people actually forgot about sms's then got back to them. its never happened to me since wasting time doesnt do it for me.

back story? had a date, she's horny for me. i had to cancel a 2nd, now i set it up again. but since the beginning she's been slow at responding. this is why i asked the question. it has nothing to do with the outcome, im wondering if all signs are good, how you guys would react to a slow texter.

LOL, i'm doing just fine, thank you. now i have to call the other girls i blew off for the last week.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I've definitely been known for pacing my calls and/or texts when first dating a guy. Never want to come on too strong. If that's what she's doing (which to me it sounds like she is) it's probably smart of her since you cancelled that one date.

9. lauren

lauren Active Member

ill not respond because i don't have the time (like at work, driving, situations where it would be rude to not to give someone my attention) and i wont remember until later when someone else texts me, and i'm in my inbox.

what do you mean about wasting time?

10. NCS

NCS Active Member

you're right, she's playing it smart. good input. i need to make myself more available one of these days

11. I don't know why I am giving you advice, you know what you are doing.

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

after she waits the 2 days to respond, thats when you hit her with the:

"who is this?"

13. jpolakowski

jpolakowski New Member

:rofl::rofl:

14. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

hahaha! don't know how consistent that would be, might be good, might be bad, might be situational, but damn funny

15. -argonaut-

-argonaut- New Member

:rofl: :bigthumb:

Dude, don't live a life in the world of text messages..., you'll never say everything that you want.

16. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

lol, im going to do that if that ever happens to me

17. NCS

NCS Active Member

thank you, but im far from my goals and while i dont have almost any "micromanaging" questions, sometimes it comes up. i appreciate the input you guys bring.

like that. :rofl:

18. You know better than most, that's good enough for me.

19. NCS

NCS Active Member

i'm not putting down anyone's way of dealing with their information, but i read a text message then either answer, or make a decision to answer later (i.e. make her wait). this will be a bit of a rant, and im curious to see your response since its so different from my way of going about things.

years ago in life i realized i'd often make personal plans, think out a situation, plan to respond to an email, or whatever, then do it later. of course doing it later means that you have to re-read/re-think at least 50% of the work you did before. so why am i doing it twice, spending more time and more energy than i need to? now, as a general rule, i make a decision as early as possible unless it needs reflecting. that way its out of my way and not bouncing around in my head.

let me pick apart what you said and you'll see my point of view:
    -> why would i put myself in the situation of reading something, and not being able to answer. the only effect it would have is distract me in my work day. not positive

-> when i drive, i like to concentrate on driving, why would i distract myself?

-> i agree, in these situations i wouldnt have opened the phone in the first place

-> while what i'm about to say sounds obsessive, i've returned cell phones because theres one extra click in message checking routines, and that drives me up the wall. i dont *ever* read my inbox. when i see a new message icon i read, i reply.

20. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Take at least as long to reply as she did, if not a little bit longer.

21. lauren

lauren Active Member

why would i put myself in the situation of reading something, and not being able to answer. the only effect it would have is distract me in my work day. not positive
    -> well, like at work. i'm not allowed to be on the phone...sometimes i think i have the time to respond, but then my boss comes around the corner and i shove it in my pocket and get distracted.

when i drive, i like to concentrate on driving, why would i distract myself?
    -> when i get a message, all i have to to is open my phone, and i automatically see it. pretty passive. responding is much more active, and typically i don't like doing that while driving so ill wait until i get somewhere to respond.

i agree, in these situations i wouldnt have opened the phone in the first place
    ->
    what i was thinking of specifically was either in a restaurant or in line at the grocery store. theres idle time, but then when the server shows up to get your whatever, you should give them your attention, not fucking on the phone. im sure you can connect the dots.

while what i'm about to say sounds obsessive, i've returned cell phones because theres one extra click in message checking routines, and that drives me up the wall. i dont *ever* read my inbox. when i see a new message icon i read, i reply.

i usually read my inbox because i want to send someone something, not reply...but im lazy and dont know their phone number so i go in there to look for a past message i can respond to....and then ill see something i forgot about.

hope that helps? :hs:

22. SQLee

SQLee The OTer That Cares™

I do shit like this when a girl takes a long time to respond to a text. Although I'll say something like "what were even talking about?"

23. NCS

NCS Active Member

thanks for playing along, that was cool of you.

24. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

I do shit like this when a girl takes a long time to respond to a text. Although I'll say something like "I love you"

25. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

How does that work for you? :)