smoking

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by low20, Oct 1, 2005.

1. low20

low20 Member

so me and my gf of a year have had a bunch of discussions and arguments over smoking..(cigs). Its somthing that bothers me a bit. she used to have a smoke once and a while, never to the point of buying her own. so anyway, she told me that since it bothers me, she just was going to stop and promisd she wouldnt smoke again...so anyway a while passes, and the other night she went out to a bar with some of her gf's to hang and dance etc. u know the drill. so anyway, i know all but one of her friends smoke, and im thinking well i wonder if she had a smoke. chances are NO. shes very honest and has never given me a reason to dis-trust her but for some reason i alwasy think she will smoke when she goes out w/o me. anyway, i didnt see her that night but yesterday (next day) i did, and when i kissed her i could almost taste smoke. later that night we were napping and when she breathed directly on me i could smell it a little. not strong but i could tell..

so you think it could possibly be that her breath had a hint of smoke smell simply from being in a bar for 3.5 hours, prolly breathing in smoke the whole time, but not smoking herself? I asked her about it and she said "no, me and so and so dont smoke". I know i should just believe it and let it go but it is bugging me. she has told me that she woulnt just pick up the habbit again, cuz its gross and shed prolly feel sick if she did, but who knows. anyone?

cliffs: gf used to have an occasional smoke, never habbitually. promised to stop and never gave me a reason to believe otherwise. went out with her gf's other night and now breath has a tiny hint of smoke taste and smell. could it be from just breathing in the smoky "bar air" for 4 hours or u think she had a cig?

2. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Dude wtf let her smoke if she wants to smoke. My gf tells me to quit, but its my chocie if i smoke or not. If you wanna get hung up over something as silly as this why dont you dump her for cheating suspiscion while you're at it.

3. low20

low20 Member

she doesnt want to smoke, shes told me that herself. i figured id get some of your type of responses. its not like shes begging to smoke, she used to have like 1 smoke a week if that, or while drinking (like many do).

4. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

Dude relax. She had a few drinks and a few smokes. She tells u she dosent smoke because she probably only smokes when she drinks and knows that if she tells u the truth u'll freak out. Also, she must be pretty submisive. I would and have told ex GF's to fuck off when they tell me I NEED to stop smoking. No bitch is gonna tell me what the hell to do. You can ask nicely about it, but if I deicide not to follow ur advice. Move on or move out. Its my damn body and I'll do what I please with it. I smoke in my car , my house , bars, clubs, pool houses and in the smoking area at work. If that bothers anyone, it can simply be fixed by them staying the hell away from me.

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

My husband and I have an agreement that neither one of us will smoke. I WOULD consider leaving him over that. Petty as it sounds, I'm not going to risk my life because he's an idiot.
    Sounds like you don't have any agreement with her or maybe have some other issues with her (she SHOULD be able to tell you things, and not lie about it).
    Chances are though, she's not going to change. You need to sit down and have a talk with her and decide how much of an issue this really is.

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I actualy agree. I DON'T visit people's houses where I know they smoke unless I absolutely have to. I refuse to eat in a restaurant that has a smoking section etc. (thank God for smoking bans!!) I dislike it so much I choose not to be around it. But if you want to kill yourself, go for it. :)

7. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

YEAH! Everyone let's react angrily to this post! BITCH you want me to smell good? Is that it? How DARE you want me to run without wheezing! I have the RIGHT to be addicted to nicotine. If I wanna give you CANCER I will fucking GIVE IT TO YOU. Because I want to because it feels good in the moment.

My father is an alcoholic and will respond exactly like purplebeast or toxicity did just now if u confront him. (Recently he seems to have decided to quit, but we'll see. :hsugh: ). Anyways, if nothing else, you should learn the following from those posts: people only stop hurting themselves by their own volition.

On the other hand, it doesn't sound like the thread starter is pressuring her particularly, he's just bugging her to stop lying about it.

It is very perverse that people are more concerned about low20 crossing a personal boundary with the girl he fucks, than they are concerned about the fact that his girl is dishonest. Now lying, that I can't stand at all.

8. matrixan

matrixan New Member

smokers die, when u approach 50 you will feel it, ppl around u that smoke will die and have complications at the moment when you need to enjoy your life... you'll regret it when u'll hit the wall!

9. purplebeast

Well damn right Im gonna react angrly. And ur also right. How DARE you want me to smell what u consider good (I actually lke the smell of smokes).
    How dare you to have the audacity to assume ur somehow better qualified to decide what goes and does not go into my body.

And I am so fucking tired of hearing this stupid mindless argument. I AM NOT FUCKING GIVING U CANCER!!!! STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME AND YOU WONT HAVE TO INHALE SECOND HAND SMOKE!!! People act like is the number one leading cause of death. Bitch please, the average person living in a big city inhales more crap from contamination in the air than from second hand smoke.

I hate self righteous pompus jerks like u that demand people stop smoking. Fuck you and the horse u rode in on.

10. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

I'm sorry if a person smokes, I absolutly NOT have anything to do with them. Sure it's their choice to kill themselves, and it's also not a turn on to watch people disrespect their body.

11. JohnJohnJohnson

No qualification necessary to be right when I say you shouldn't smoke. End of story. :dunno: You shouldn't. Lol.

12. JohnJohnJohnson

In addition, it is indeed someone's own choice to kill themselves, but on the other hand, if you saw someone you loved falling for heroine, wouldja just sit there?

If you saw someone addicted to heroine, and you loved them, you would probably force them into rehab.

If you saw someone smoking, and you loved them, you would probably suggest that they stop.

Again, no qualification necessary to state the obvious!

13. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

As long as I can go about my normal life without having to inhale smoke, I really don't care.
    But you aren't just hurting yourself.
    Especialy parents that smoke in front of their children piss me off. You are supposed to protect your children, not harm them! You can't deny the fact that secondhand smoke kills!
    Like I said before, if you want to kill yourself, go for it but you DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU!

14. purplebeast

Thats were we dont see eye to eye. You can say smoking is bad for me and indeed you would be right. But by saying I shouldnt do it. You are taking the liberty to make decisions for me. For some odd fucking reason you feel its ur place to tell me what I should and should not do. Thats what pisses me off. You have no reason and most importantly no right to tell me what to do. All smokers over the age of 18 are grown ass men and woman that know the consequences. And it is our god given right to engage in whatever activity we see fit.

15. purplebeast

Second hand smoke kills in extreme circunstances. Like living with someone that smokes int he house for 20yrs. Thats not what Im talking about. I am talking about people that are arround smokers once in a while at a bar or something. People act like they are gonna get cancer if I have a smoke while they ride in my car or something. Well guess what, if it bothers them that much. They can just nt ride in my car or come over my house.

16. JohnJohnJohnson

I disagree.

ed:
    For one thing, I believe that if you look in the Bible you will see a few things you are not given the right to do.

For another thing, to intentionally make bad decisions is to give a big Fuck You to your God-given ability to choose between right and wrong.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  17. JohnJohnJohnson

I just hate it when I smell good and then someone gets carcinogens all over my shit. Especially after you washed your face, you know? It's like, I just cleaned my pores, could you be ruining my hygene more effectively...

18. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I actualy agree with purplebeast on this one. If you're riding in his car, there's not much you can do about it besides ask him to have some respect for you.
    Otherwise drive yourself.

19. okita1

okita1 Great spirits have always encountered violent oppo

purple i agree with you 100%

20. purplebeast

2 things.

Number one- Once again there you go assuming my definition and ur definition of god is the same. Just like you assume my definition od smelling good and bad (smelingl like smoke) is the same. And just like you assume its ok for you to tell me what is and its not healthy for me. Further more, you are also assuming that I look at the bible as God's words and not as opiate for the masses. Im not saying I agree or disagree with your views on god and the bible. I am simply saying ur making assumptions that I believe what u do.

Number two- For the sake of the argument lets say I believe what u do. That the bible is the word of god and it clearly states what rights I have and what rights I dont. Once afuckingagain there you sticking ur nose in other peoples busniess. Assuming I am in fact giving god a big "fuck you". That is beewten me and him. I am the one that will have to answer to him and I will be the one to suffer the consequences. It is none of your business what issues god may or may not have with me.

21. purplebeast

Well who the hell is forcing you to go arround those people? Just like they have the right to be wherever you are encountering them, you have the very same right to not go. For example, I dont like to be arround weed. Because I get contact very easily amd for one I dont like the feeling and I also get random drug tests where I work.

Do I tell people not to smoke pot? No!! I just dont frequent houses where people smoke. I have the same right to not be arround pot as they have the right to smoke it. if its my apt, no one is fucking smoking there. if its their apt, I;ll just step out for a few mi while they smoke.

The mentality of people like you piss me off to no end. You feel people should change their behavior to fit what u like or deem proper. Well it does not freaking work like that.

22. purplebeast

Let me see if I can help u see my side of the argument. How would you feel id I tried to force by giving you sermons you shouldnt do the following;

Have premarital sex
    Drink
    Gamble
    Vote republican

Would you not be annoyed I tried to take my personal belifs and make you live by them?

23. low20

low20 Member

um, wow, well last time i looked at this thread there was one response and I came back to see a pretty big argument. anyway, i had a talk with my gf about it again, and she said she didnt smoke so i believe her. as well, she wasnt even drinking that night so thats 1 less reason why shed be smoking. i guess we will see what happens in the future.

24. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

I don't think you would be able to taste/smell the cigarettes on her that long after. You are just paranoid.

If she did or didn't.. I have no idea.

25. purplebeast

It depends on the quantity. I know for a fact girls have tasted me the day after and know that I smoked and drank.