MIL smoking in BOLCII.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by shiba, Jul 7, 2007.

1. shiba

shiba Active Member

I've been hearing from new LT's in BOLCII that the cadre has been smoking them from time to time to punish them. My understanding is that you can only get dropped during basic training and outside of that the instigator would have to drop themselves too. Does anyone have any insight on the regulations which dictates who can drop whom and when?

2. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

how funny is it to watch E7s dropping 2LTs :rofl:

3. Bounty15

Bounty15 OT Supporter

What's the big deal?

4. shiba

shiba Active Member

Its actually quite funny, and usually the LTs do it from their own free will. However I just want to let him know what to do if someone overstps their boundaries and Treat BOLC like its basic training.

5. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I'm not aware of a regulation regarding who you can smoke and how you have to do it.

6. nadahonda

nadahonda Member

I'm almost done with BOLC 2 and there is only one platoon from my Company that makes the Lt's push. The Captain is a real dick so the rest of the Cadre follow his lead. It's mainly the Captain that makes them push. I saw it one time and there was one female and one male Lt, either 100 regular push ups or 50 push ups with IBA and the Captain just stood there with his hands on his hips. I also saw an E5 tell some Lt's to push for being late to formation. The cadre simply don't want to be here so they take it out on the Lt's.
    My platoon cadre are cool for the most part. There are a couple that are dicks but my Captain keeps them in-line.

7. MumblingJoe169

my buddy scott saunders is out there, in case any of you bolc II clowns at sill have him in your company.
    Oh and i hear thats the biggest complain, cadre don't want to be there.

8. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

This shit does not happen. Or should NOT be happening. At least it did not happen at benning over a year ago (I was the 2nd class to go through).

If LT's are fucking dumb enough to have staff sgts drop them, well then I'm quite embarrassed.
    What's next, going to parade rest?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  9. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

The Regulation is 600-20, Army Command policy. The fact is, unless the command is coming from the platoon tac (a captain), enlisted can not force an officer to do anything. This is ridiculous.

Sounds like to me, there are a bunch of LTs who think they are still cadets (which is quite prevalent in BOLC 2, but usually for the West Pointers)

Now if they are doing pushups for PT, I don't see the problem. But punishment? No.

10. MumblingJoe169

my bud told me his tac basically said that anything the cadre tell them comes from him, and if they give them a hard time, hes gonna make their life suck