Smoking BF

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by turbo_babe, Oct 5, 2006.

1. turbo_babe

turbo_babe Guest

So my BF smokes and I don't. It's a habit he's had for 15 years now and its something he wont give up until we are ready to get married. Now I want to know what I can do to keep his breath not so smelly. Between coffee and smokes it doesnt smell too pleasant. Only first thing in the morning when he brushes his teeth. I love kissing him. I kiss him anyways.. But I dont know what would help since he's always smoking. I dont really mind it... But sometimes I just wish he had non smokey breath.

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

after smoking, if he breathes a few times with his diaphragm, and not his chest, he will clear out much of the residual smokieness.

that and brushing/drinking something. :hs:

3. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

I have the same problem with the guy I just started dating. I give him gum a lot and he's cu tback a little bit on it. Have you talked to him about it?

4. BedBunny

BedBunny Guest

i couldn't date a smoker.

5. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

:werd: Hard limit and Instant deal breaker for me. My health is far more important than someone's nicotine habit.

6. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Aside from him brushing a lot and chewing gum, don't think you'll have much luck. As soon as he lights another one, his mouth is shot.

7. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

When I smoked cigs (god awful habbit that I didnt take up for long), I would keep starbucks coffee mints with me. They are pretty much the same as the little certs mints.

Also listering strips/spray work wonders! I lot of it is comming from his lungs though too, so there is only so much you can do.

8. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Yup.

No idea what you can do about it, I can smell a smoker a mile away regardless whether they have gum or not.

9. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

If you think he'll stop after 15+ years just because you're marrying him you're probably in for a very unpleasant surprise.

Plus, how does he NOT know that coffee/smoke breath smells like shit? I HATE when people come in to my space and start blasting me with their shit breath. It drives me crazy. This guy doesn't sound like the brightest bulb in the box...

10. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Yea I thought it was pretty funny that he says he is just gonna stop when they get married :rofl: If it was that easy, then why doesnt he just do it now? That is a lame excuse....

As for people not knowing how bad their breath is...I can vouch for that. When you smoke you really become so used to it that you dont notice it, and you dont notice it on other smokers. After I stopped smoking I realized just how nast I must have been. It now drives me crazy when people come in from their smoke breaks at work and then we go into a tiny meeting room...it is just awful, but then again I am understanding because I have been there before.

11. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

The reality is that if he is perfect in all other ways, you have to accept he is a smoker. However, you do NOT have to accept the bad breath or smells. Tell him that if he's going to smoke, he has to go outside. In the car? Roll down the windows. He must also brush his teeth (no mints) if he wants a kiss from you.

My SO smokes, and I hate it. If I can smell it, I won't kiss her and instead will say "You need to go brush your teeth." Not terribly nice, but it's not nice for me either.

12. mrs0323

mrs0323 New Member

Agree and disagree. Mr. Man had smoked for 18 years when we got together (and yes I smoke too). Due to his horrible asthma I "bullied him" for lack of a better term into quitting. He's gone from 2 packs a day to 1 cigarette a week. I made it very clear that our relationship would stay where it was until BOTH of us quit. He was nuts at first over it, but over time (the past two months) he has gotten over it. I'm next :noes:
    We mutually agreed no kissing until both of us did our oral hygiene regime. If I didn't like the way he tasted when he smoked, I'm sure he didn't like the way I tasted either.

I'd make sure the guy quit for good PRIOR to getting married. God knows mine won't go any farther with me until I quit for good (what goes around, comes around, ya know?)