SRS smokin, 70 days smoke free then.....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JustaMeThang, Apr 17, 2005.

1. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Today, out of sheer frustration and stupidity, I went to the store, bought a pack of Newports and smoked 3. Didnt even enjoy them. I guess I was hopin that it would 'make me feel better' but it didnt do that like it use to. Now, I feel worse. 70 days I was soo good, all to ruin it today. I threw the remainder of the pack away after smokin those 3, along with the lighter. I wanna kick myself. I didnt even enjoy them, why I smoked the other 2, I dont know, GUess I was hopin for the 'pick me up' to kick in, it didnt. I have no interest in smokin again...Im very diaapointed in myself at this point. God I regret it. Has anyone else had a relapse like this? I feel like such crap, like everythin I worked for, I now have to start over again. I really let myself down. :wtc: Sorry, just had to vent my frustrations.

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

I've been through that scenario about 3 or 4 times now. Its like smoking a pure stick of GUILT. The best way I think to deal with that is to not consider those 70 days lost, but still ultimately won. You didn't smoke for 70 days, thats ultimately good for you in the grand scheme of things. Also, just through having a couple you likely won't be thrown back into full fledged active addiction to cigs. Just get back to quitting and stick with it. Concern yourself more with the day rather than the aggregate.

BTW, my longest I think was about 70-80 days as well. then 6 weeks, then 3 weeks. etc.

3. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I've done this a couple of times as well. I can definitely relate to not enjoying them at all, "a pure stick of GUILT" pretty much sums it up. If you only smoked 3, you can still continue quitting a day at a time. I haven't been able to do this, after smoking I usually relapse into addiction (only twice), but I know plenty of people who continued quitting after a small slip up.

Good luck, it's absolutely key that you don't smoke anymore today, or in the following two days after (this will take you straight back to addicted status). After that you should feel better and it should get a lot easier.

4. Phish Esq.

Phish Esq. New Member

Don't let that phase you. When I quit, I went out fishing with a guy about a month later. We were miles out and I said fuck it. I smoked cigarettes with him for the rest of the day. I came home, felt like shit and acted like it was an isolated incident. It was, I haven't smoked since. I know not to have anymore though

5. rl64tx

rl64tx New Member

Thanks for the posts........i stopped 30 days ago and have been wanting to again but haven't YET!!!

6. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Thanks for all of your replies. Good to know Im not alone in this battle.