GUN smith & wesson sigma 9 is cheap what do u think?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kosstamogen, Aug 30, 2005.

1. kosstamogen

kosstamogen New Member

Any thoughts? It's a lot cheaper than a glock. and I wanted a composite pistol. But it only comes in 4" barrel versus say 4.5 for the glock, but I heard you could upgrade.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2005
  2. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

I think you'd be pretty lucky to get a reliable one.

3. kosstamogen

kosstamogen New Member

yeah i read that too, but the latest generation is supposed to be better no?

4. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Don't waste your time or money on a cheap S&W auto, get either a Glock, or an XD if you want a nice polymer framed pistol.

5. kosstamogen

kosstamogen New Member

I agree I'd rather get a glock, but $500 is too much. Is anything in particular that makes the sigma very unreliable? Does it jam a lot?

6. soccaian

soccaian New Member

perhaps you should look into a Ruger P-series pistol. dead reliable, and some polymer framed models, iirc

7. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

the first generation of sigmas were complete garbage, but supposedly the new ones have been vastly improved.

the older model numbers end in an F, such as SW40F, and the new ones would be SW40VE.

But I agree, the ruger P-series is supposedly unbeatable for the money, and an XD would also be a better choice.

but if you can snatch a good deal on a sigma VE, I think you would be fine.

8. chaos24_7

chaos24_7 New Member

the hate is strong in this thread young jedi:ugh:

9. El Patrón

El Patrón New Member

I like mine, and I've never had any problems with it. The older models had a lot of problems, so the sigmas still catch a lot of shit, but if you search around some threads on other sites, everyone who owns a VE loves them.

The trigger pull is horrendous though. I bought a lighter striker spring, and that helped out a lot.

10. chaos24_7

chaos24_7 New Member

:werd: iv'e shot that pistol and really liked it, i think most people talk shit just over what they've read no actual proof:ugh:. The sigma kicked ass over a ruger p(os) series, better weight and style and action than a half assed beginner gun:squint: ib if you put 100 rnds thru the sigma vs. the ruger p-, on a fair trial you would like the sigma

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  11. kosstamogen

kosstamogen New Member

Wow thanks for the info guys. I figured the sigma isn't the best gun out there but it's affordable for me. Some people were saying that it's so much of a knock off that some parts are interchangable but it's not "recommended"

Anyhow thanks guys! especially JayAre since you have one, it's good to hear it's not jamming on you every other round.

I will definitely check out the Rugers :bigthumb:

12. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

I agree, S&W auto is garbage.

Call up CDNN sports 1800 588 9500, they are selling glock 17 for $349, Glock 19 for $360, Glock 22 for $350, Glock 23 for $360, Ruger p94 or p97 for $280

13. David002

David002 OT Supporter

i checked out cdnn sports website. if you call them can you purchase a firearm through them even if you are out of state? how exactly does that work? if its do-able im more than ready to buy :)

14. timmy8151

timmy8151 New Member

First thing you're going to need is a FFL to do the transfer for you. That means that they have to have their FFL on file or sent to the seller of the firearm.

The next step is the purchase of said firearm. Some places allow a non licensed individual to purchase a firearm as long as it's being sent to a FFL. Other places only allow the actual FFL to purchase the firearm. Call CDNN and see what their policy is.

Once the firearm is purchased it'll be sent to your FFL where you fill out the necessary paperwork and depending on the state, there may or may not be a waiting period.

It sound's involved but not really that bad. I've purchased a bulk of my guns of the internet without a hitch.

15. David002

David002 OT Supporter

this will be my first gun. ive been shooting a couple times and i want to get into it, so im still a newb when it comes to all this. what does FFL stand for? would i have to find somebody on my own? or would they have a person that they normally use in this area?

16. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

Federal Firearms Licensee. Basically any gun shop is an FFL holder. You can call CDNN to see if they have your local FFL on file, or you can just go to the gun shop, and have them order it from CDNN for you. A transfer is about $20-30 usually.. I've never did one though :dunno:

also, get involved on some of the gun forums...

www.thehighroad.org
    www.thefiringline.com
    www.gunsnet.net/forums
    www.glocktalk.com

:wavey:

17. chaos24_7

chaos24_7 New Member

stfu:fawk2: how do you know this? more talking out your ass, do you have hands on knowledge or just a bunch of random bullshit you read off a forum?

18. kosstamogen

kosstamogen New Member

Any particular reason why you think the sigma is garbage?

Those prices sound really good, almost too good, but I've only shopped around a little.

19. soccaian

soccaian New Member

those CDNN prices are for used guns... dont be fooled.