GUN Smith & Wesson Model 3913

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phil1, Dec 10, 2002.

1. phil1

phil1 Guest

Just curious if any of you own or know anything about these?? I have held one and liked the feel. My question is the reliability of these. I currently own a SIG P239 in 9mm and want one more gun in the same caliber. They are both in the same class as far as size because I have small hands. This way I will have a black Nitron finish and a stainless pistol.:big grin: Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2002
  2. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

Get a Kahr. top notch. I carry mine everywhere I go:big grin:

3. phil1

phil1 Guest

K9, P9, other models, which one??

4. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

My father had one when they first came out (i was still underage :o ), i remember all sorts of hype about how compact and lightweight they were. i shot it frequently and recall it being a nice handling, reliable weapon. A family friend still carries his off duty when the mood strikes him and has never reported a problem either.

The subcompact Glocks and more recently the Kahr sorta pushed the 3913 out of favor, but if you prefer a slim grip and don't need *the* smallest thing out there, it'd be a good buy if you can find a like new one for $350 or less.

For Kahr, i'd personally like to try out a PM9, which is as small as they come.

5. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

I carry a P9 & have a K9 Elite as well. I carry the P9 & have a bit of trigger work done to it. If you get a Kahr make sure you get the Elite trigger. It comes standard on the Elite models as well as all of ther poly guns. I was thinking you might like the K9 if you don't carry on a daily basis. The K9s are not that heavy but the poly series guns are so light you forget you have them on. The K9 will also have a bit less bite when shooting.

6. GunShow

GunShow You had best unfuck yourself

My father used to carry one a few years ago. I shot it several times and found it to be a reliable and more than combat accurate. It is easily concealable but the grip is a bit too short for my big hands.

7. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

My buddy has one that I've shot a few times. Not bad, but not my 5906tsw :dunno:

I second the KAHR brand weapon. After I get my XD40, I'm getting a compact .40 from KAHR (don't know which model yet, haven't done my research) for my back up carry