SMaller or bigger HDTV

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by yoV6cam, Oct 20, 2004.

1. yoV6cam

yoV6cam Big AL "Boss of The Bosses"

I've been looking at two tv's both HD. First is the 46" Samsung DLP HLN467W cost about $2500. Great picture for DVD and HDTV, but average for non hd sources like directv. Other is the Sony 34 inch 16x9 KD-34XBR960, has tuner, looks great on all sources including nonHD. Mainly using for Directv, xbox then DVD's. Botom line is the smaller one is suits my needs more, but don't want to have bigger screen regrets, I can't compare at stores, with all the other TV's around, it looks really small.

2. 04

04 Guest

I have a 30" widescreen and I regret getting it. I'd much rather have something bigger. However, it really depends on the person.

3. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Get a bigger TV. CRT's are a damn ripoff in widescreen 34" and above. That tv is probably almost $2k right? If you get DLP check out mitsu, and Toshiba also. I had a Samsung, and returned it after 4 days. The color wheel hummed like a mofo, and the TV seemed to stretch ppl on regular tv. High def was good, but the Toshiba 52" I replaced it with owns it as far as regular clarity and high def. Plus the fact that there are about 12 open box samsung dlp's at my local best buy...along with the fact that 30 during the past year have been "non-repairable".

4. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM New Member

buying a smasung dlp at best buy was your first mistake ;) they are the shitty ones.. Go to a specialty store if you want one of the nicer Samsung Tvs

5. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Show me a specialty..or any store that carries a different model than best buy. I looked at Tweeter, and Best Buy and they had the same models as far as samsung. I even asked the guy at tweeter after I took it back, and he told me about that generation having bad color wheels or something. So it was a known problem.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Good Guys is one store that comes to mind as carrying higher-end gear in a best-buy-like environment.