Smalldog.com 17" G5 iMac 1.6GHz for....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by iceburgslim, Jun 10, 2005.

1. iceburgslim

iceburgslim Guest

Smalldog.com has the 17" G5 iMac 1.6GHz with 256mb of ram, 80 gig HD and the combo drive for $999. They also have the 17" G5 1.8GHz with 256mb of ram, 80 gig HD and the superdrive for $1099. No Airport card and I assume no Tiger.

I am new to Mac's (well, i had one in middle school, about 1991), and I WAS thinking about getting a Mac Mini as an additional computer but purchasing one of these iMac's would seem to make a little more sense to me. I realize that, at least in the case of the 1.6GHz model, it is no longer made by Apple after they upgrade the iMacs.

Do either one of these seem like a good deal to any of you? Thanks.
    :)

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

not particularly. The mac mini is kinda cool, and it's cheap for being a mac, but given no monitor and poor performance, it's really not that great of a deal, either.

3. iceburgslim

iceburgslim Guest

Well I wouldn't call the performance of the mini "poor". It's performance is precisely where Apple advertises it. If I wanted performance I would be looking at the dual processor G5.
    Right now I'm using an 800MHz Pentium II Celeron, so ANYTHING would be an improvement. :rofl: