MMA Slump in training

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by d0nk3ypunch, Dec 6, 2005.

1. d0nk3ypunch

d0nk3ypunch New Member

Does this ever happen to anyone?

I had a pretty bad cold for a while and ended up missing 3 weeks of training. I trained for the first time after that last Thursday and then again on saturday...

It seems like after missing all that time I almost lost some interest in it... I'm having to force myself to go tonight.

Maybe getting my ass kicked tonight will get the spark back in me... i hope so

2. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

I don't see anything wrong with taking small breaks every now and again if your interest wanes. Just rest up and think about why you love to train and it'll come back. Just keep active and don't get out of shape and you should be gravy.

3. Intellex

Intellex Dogs love me cause I'm crazy sniffable OT Supporter

I'm just getting over a slump too :(

It's gonna be a rough night :hs:

4. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

you just started! you cant have slumps!

5. Sammo

Sammo New Member

6. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

i guess it depends on how important training is to you. If you are forcing yourself to go... then you probably should ask yourself why you are going.

7. d0nk3ypunch

d0nk3ypunch New Member

it's just hard to get restarted after being away for a bit... especially after being sick and you can feel that your conditioning isnt quite as good as it was.

Had a killer training session tonight, the slump is officially over, commander toe hold is back in action :)

8. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Good to hear

9. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

I got ringworm like 2 weeks ago. It wasn't getting better after a week of lamisil so I went to the doctor and found out it had become a staph infection. I've missed 2 weeks already and the doc doesn't want me to do anything until atleast next week. To be honest I'm kinda stir crazy, training releases a lot of stress for me. Very frustrating:wtc:

10. Little Erve

Little Erve New Member

get better soon :bigthumb:

11. Intellex

Intellex Dogs love me cause I'm crazy sniffable OT Supporter

I've been sick, and busy with work :(

12. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

I've been on antibiotics since saturday and its getting better fast. It just sucks missing this week 'cause theres a guy at my gym who's first fight is the 11th. I wanted to be there to help him get ready, its a small gym, he needs all the training partners he can get.

13. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

I recently had 3 months off due to a car accident and every time i get a good week in i get school work to throw me off.

and my diet is HORRIBLE man, wake up till 9pm i'm great then i start craving unk food like a crazy man!

its horrible!

but i feel what your goin through, i'm getitn man handled in the gym al lthe time right now.

14. Mirwolf

Mirwolf Im confused and so am I

wow im in pretty much the same situation. i got ringworm/impetigo and the doctor couldnt really tell what it was because it seemed like a mix of both. so he put me on dicloxacillin and i took a week off.i was supposed to take it for 10 days straight but stopped on the 7 day because it seemed to have healed. well it came back a week later after the California Open. i thought that i could wait it out and maybe itll heal without going to the doc. i put everything from lamicil, antibiotic ointments, and anti itch stuff. it seemed to help uptil it starting spreading like crazy. ill have a spot, itll itch, and open up into a little sore. meh so i went back to the docs and he put me on cephalexin and bactroban. (bactroban because one of my friends recommended it, later found out that for just a small bottle of the stuff costs $57 :eek4:)
    so now its about a week and half out of training. im itching to go back but on some days im just like damn i have a lot of free time to do other shit since i cant train. but i know once i hit the mats ill get back into the groove in no time. i just wish this shit would heal... it seems to be getting better but once in awhile parts of the rash will swell up like a bug bite and theres another part with a wicked pimple.. all on my neck.

15. KingJeff

KingJeff New Member

thats exactly how i feel. I put on 20 lbs in 5 months and just started to grapple again. I feel like a newb.