A&P SLR or DSLR???

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by alnen, Dec 4, 2003.

1. alnen

alnen Guest

I'm interested in getting into photography. I have taken a class on it a few years back and have been reading books on it lately. I used to have a Canon Rebel G, but sold it a while back. I'm actually looking to get into it as a career. So my question is, should I go digital or stick to film. Since I am just learning, digital would be nice, so I wouldn't have to keep paying for film/developing. Also I could just delete my mistakes when I need to. I could also keep the pics on my hard drive if I wanted to show anyone (I know an slr + good scanner would be better tho). Anyway, your opinions would be greatly appreciated...

2. Merli

Merli gplus.to/merli OT Supporter

You've pretty much covered it dude.

Do you still have your glass from your Rebel G? If so, why not start off with a Canon Digital Rebel (assuming the glass is compatible... I'm a Nikon person) and play around with it?

After you get the hang of it, move to a 10D or 1Ds (if you're looking to go pro) and you can use the same glass you've bought for the Digital Rebel...

Digial SLR bodies are still more expensive than 35mm SLR bodies, but the price is offset by the cost of film, and money wasted on developing bullshit shots... Especially when you're still learning.

3. 67olds442

67olds442 uhhhh

Didn't nikon just announce their own introductory DSLR today? Believe its like the N70 or something and its sopsoued to have full magnisium body....might want to wait to get a DSLR for a bit....;)

4. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Member

don't wait. the d70 isnt scheduled to come out till april 2004 and nikon is KNOWN for being really late, so don't expect it to hit the market till june/july 2004.

if you want to get into photography and want to go the dslr route, the digital rebel (300d) can't be beat as far as price/function goes.